Monday, February 12, 2018

CKC - February Challenge #1 - I Love Paris

Hello and Happy Monday! We are having a snow day - or more like an ice day -today. We had freezing drizzle and rain on Saturday and got a nice layer of ice on everything and it's been too cold to do any melting, so no school today.

We have our first challenge of the month at Counterfeit Kit Challenge today. "I love Paris" is the theme for this challenge, so we want you to capture the mood of Paris in your projects. Use the iconic buildings, use hearts, lace, whatever you would like. This challenge is quite fitting for the inspiration kit that we had to work with. Here is a reminder of the inspiration kit:


And this is my kit for the month:


This challenge was a bit of a challenge for  me. I have never been to Paris and I don't have a lot of Paris themed items in my stash, but when I think of Paris, I think of love and all things pretty and girly - like hearts, butterflies, and pink - this is what I drew my inspiration from.


I have created a layout of Miss Ada - one of the loves of my life - and, of course, we had to use lots of girly things on here - butterflies, doilies, hearts, and pink!

All of the papers came from my kit and all of them are from Maggie Holmes' Bloom and Open Book collections. I knew this would be the perfect time for me to use that bow paper that I put in my kit. The green paper was a little more green than what I wanted, so I layered a piece of vellum over it to tone it down a bit. 

The "A" in the top left corner was from a scrap of paper and thought it was fitting since Ada starts with an "A" and since I adore her! I used one of the paper clip bows to highlight the word "adore".

I'm not sure I captured the real feel of Paris, but it works for me!

Stop by the Counterfeit Kit Challenge blog to see the beautiful projects from the rest of the team. We would love to see your take on our challenge!

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful layout and a beautiful picture of Miss Ada too :) I struggled with this challenge too cause I had not been to Paris neither, but I think we both did great with the challenge. Lots of sweet layers on your layout :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! I love the pops of pretty girly colors and embellishments against the black BG! And, as someone who has also not gone to Paris, I appreciate this type of example, LOL! ::wink::

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a cute page, Lori! Those doilies and the bow patterned paper are definitely reminiscent of Paris!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This definitely works for the challenge! Love the direction you took and the thought process that brought you to this cute page. No wonder you adore her

    ReplyDelete