Sunday, April 15, 2018

Sketch N Scrap # 151 - Grandma's Boy

Hello, everyone! Good Sunday morning to you! I hope you're having a good weekend. It's another unseasonably cool one around here. I'm hoping that the warmer weather that is forecast for next week sticks around!

It's the middle of the month and that means we have a new sketch challenge for you at Sketch N Scrap today. Heather has created a great one-photo sketch for us to work with:



I can't believe how little Matthew is in this photo, and I can't believe it's taken me this long to scrap this photo! I haven't done a very good job lately at scrapping my older photos and I thought it was about time that I got back on track with that. My goal is to try to make at least one layout a month using older photos if the kids. Hopefully, it will be more - we will see how it goes!

For my layout, I have used the Simple Stories - Crafty Girl - papers that came in my Doubleshot kit from The ScrapRoom this month. I love, love, love these papers and can see myself getting more of them soon! I just love the colors and the patterns. I had a hard time cutting into that plaid paper as I would have liked to use the other side of it, as well.

I stamped my title with alpha stamps from Close To My Heart (D1729 -  Colorblock Alpha), and I realized after I had taken the photo that I forgot to go back and add the apostrophe to "Grandma's". That has been taken care of now! I have had these stamps for a long time and I can't believe that this is the first time I have used them. I know they will be showing up on more and more projects. I love them!

I used some of the stickers from the Crafty Girl sticker sheet. There wasn't a lot of things on the sticker sheet that went with the feel of this layout, but I used the flowers and a couple of the hearts. I also used some puffy hearts from Michaels.


It's a little hard to see the heart sticker on the kraft background in the photo, but you can see it a lot better in person

Head on over to Sketch N Scrap to see the beautiful layouts from the rest of the design team. We hope to see you playing along with us this month!

Thanks so much for stopping by today! I will be back soon with another project to share with you!

1 comment:

  1. Love that you used these alpha stamps! I love this font! What an adorable layout, they grow up so fast!

    ReplyDelete