Friday, January 22, 2021

Week 51/2019 - The ScrapRoom January Shots of Life Kit

Hello, everyone! Happy Friday to you all! I hope that you have had a good week and are looking forward to the weekend! I know I sure am! Hubby has been working lots of overtime and when you're used to a 3-day weekend and then they go down to a 2-day weekend, well, we just really miss that extra day off - or maybe I should say that extra day of sleeping in a bit!

I am playing catch-up here on the blog today. It's been a crazy start to the month - and new year - and I had so hoped to feel on top of things instead of behind, but it just hasn't worked out that way just yet. I had so many extra posts planned for January - like my scrappy plans for 2021 - and sadly they are still on my to-do list. But hey, I still have a little over a week to get to them before January is over...

Today I am sharing my layout using the January portion of the Shots Of Life kit from The ScrapRoom. First, here is a look at the kit - which I do believe is still available:


And this is my layout - Week 51 of 2019:


I was able to mix the winter-themed cards from Carta Bella and the love-themed cards from Photo Play to make this layout.

Here is a closer look at the left side of the layout:


This side is full of snow day fun and pre-holiday treats from my sister. Here are a couple of close-ups:


For my title card, I used one of the 4x6 cut apart cards from the Winter Market sheet. It had a design on it that I knew I wouldn't use, so I covered it with a piece of white cardstock and added a few stickers. Since the first day of winter fell in this week, the winter banner stickers were perfect.


Ada had a few days off from school because of the snow and ice - which made her - and Abby - really happy! Abby snapped a few photos of her playing out in the snow and sent them to me. I even ventured out to take a few photos of the white stuff, too.


Amy made up a bunch of cookies for Christmas treats and then she and Rick braved the icy roads to deliver them to us! The bottom photo is the day after we got the snow and ice. The sun came out and all of the iciness just sparkled. It was beautiful!

Here is a look at the right side of the layout:


This side of the layout is all about the last half of the week. The snow and ice were gone and we were back to a little warmer weather. 

Here are a couple of close-ups:


I had a little extra room so I made the "Highlights" card using a stamp from Elle's Studio to give a sort of overview of the week. Ada woke up with a fever on the last day of school before Christmas break and missed her school holiday party. I snapped the photo of me and her waiting for Abby to get done for the day. 


The top photo of Ada has a pull tab on it to reveal another photo of her with her advent calendar treat for the day - nail polish. She looked so cute with her robe on and her sleep mask pushed up on her head. I didn't want to create a flip pocket so I went with this instead. The other photos are of her - practicing headstands, which she was obsessed with trying to do, and playing with their cat Whisper. 


And lastly, these photos are of a tote full of cross stitch fabric that I thought I had gotten rid of long ago and a Taco Bell run for Shane! The cross stitch fabric find was pretty great for both me and Scott - I suddenly had a ton of new fabric to add to my stash and he made a little extra room in the shed!

I am so happy to get another week of 2019 in the albums!

Be sure to check out The ScrapRoom Blog every day throughout the week - there is a ton of inspiration for all of the kits all month long. 

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today! I will be back soon with another project to share!

No comments:

Post a Comment