Thursday, January 21, 2021

Eager To Learn - Scrap Our Stash January Sketch Challenge

Hello, hello! Happy Thursday! I hope that you are doing well. 

Today I am sharing the layout that I created for the February sketch at Scrap Our Stash. Along with this great sketch we have the added challenge to use journal strips on our layout. Here's a look at the sketch:




I was going through some photos of last year and realized with all the craziness of 2020 that I haven't scrapped a lot of photos from last year - especially from early in the year - so when I came across these photos of Ada doing her "homework" I had to get them scrapped. Here is what I came up with:


Ada was - and still is - so eager to learn! I mean she is a first grader reading at almost a fourth grade reading level so her eagerness is paying off! On this particular day, she and Abby had come over to the house for supper. The minute Ada got in the house she got into her backpack and pulled out "homework." Now being a kindergartner at the time she didn't really have homework, but she was wanting to more work so Abby printed her off a few papers to work on. She was quite pleased with herself for getting it all done.

I pulled out the Doodlebug Designs School Days collection for this layout. The die cuts in this collection were perfect for this layout. Here are a couple of close-ups:


For the circle elements on the sketch, I traced a circle metal die with a white gel pen and then added little white dots around the circles and within the clusters. 


Be sure to stop by Scrap Our Stash to see how the rest of the design team took on the sketch. I hope you have a chance to play along with us!

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today! Have a great day!

1 comment:

  1. What a sweet layout! You are the Queen of using black as a base page!

    ReplyDelete