Monday, April 12, 2021

Easter Fun - Counterfeit Kit Challenge - Challenge #1

 Hello, everyone! Good Monday morning to you! I hope that you are ready for the new week. 

Today I am sharing the layout I created for the first challenge at the Counterfeit Kit Challenge blog. For this first challenge, Master Forger Leslie is challenging up to add a bit of whimsy by layering our patterned papers and creating a scene on our layouts - AND - if that's too overwhelming (which it was for me!) then you can layer your papers up behind your photo(s).

This is what I came up with:


In order to get us in a playful mood, Leslie asked what we are most looking forward to doing - and these photos hint at that for me - spending time more time with my family - especially my granddaughter - out in the garden this year. We got Ada a set of garden tools for her Easter basket. She had seen them a few weeks ago and wanted them then and I got her to wait. She has always loved to dig in the dirt and pretend to plant different things so when we knew we were going to put in a garden this year - these little tools were perfect for her. I am happy to say that she has already put them to work! Before our Easter egg hunt we planted a few strawberry plants and she was all about doing it herself!

As you can see, I added a lot of layers of paper behind my photos. I wished I'd added a few scraps to my kit - this challenge would have been a great way to get them used up, but I made good use of both sides of a couple of my papers to try to use as much of them as I could. 

Here are a couple of close-ups:


I loved this little bunny head that was on the sticker sheet that I included in my kit. He was too cute to not add to my layout!  I also added several enamel dots from the Vicki Boutin embellishment pack that I had in my kit. I have 3 packs of these embellishments and I cannot wait to get them used up. These little guys do not stick to anything and are constantly falling to the bottom of the pack, so I added as many as I could from the 3 sheets. I still have a few left but I did get quite a few of them used. 


Once I decided what papers I was going to use on this layout and how I was going to arrange them, this layout came together so quickly - which is always the best take away from making a kit - everything is right there at the ready!

Be sure to stop by the Counterfeit Kit Challenge blog to see how the other Master Forgers took on this challenge. 

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today! I hope you have a great day!

3 comments:

  1. So cute! Love the papers you used!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a haul! I'm trying to post a comment when I read a post. I'm trying! haha LOVE all your layouts. Always interesting and well-designed! XOX

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful and it all looked like so much fun! That sweet bunny is too cute. Aren't kids and dirt and 'helpful li'l helpers' so wonderful? Well done, Lori! Love your LOs. They are bright, chipper and fun for the eyes. :) ~Ali

    ReplyDelete