Tuesday, March 1, 2022

Lisa & Lori's Great Stash Bash March Kit

Hello, everyone! Happy March 1st to you! Can you believe that it is already March? I am so happy and ready for the days to be a little warmer!

March 1st means that it is time to reveal the new Lisa & Lori's Great Stash Bash kit challenge!


 If you don't know what the Great Stash Bash is - it is a challenge that my good friend Lisa and I do every month. We pull items from our stash based on a "recipe" (which you will see below) and use those items throughout the month in an effort to get our scrappy stash used up!

Here is our March recipe:


Our "recipe" is to pull 10 patterned papers, 5-7 scraps, 3-4 embellishments, and our focus item for March is 6x6 paper pads.

Here is the (slightly) large kit that I have put together:


For the month of March, I have decided to go with a boy-themed kit. I have been going through older photos and I have so many of Matthew and Shane that I have never scrapped - especially of Matthew. I decided it was time for me to concentrate on getting a few of those photos scrapped and in albums. Since I have so many photos that I want to work on - I went a wee bit bigger with my kit. Do I really think I will kill this kit during the month? No - I rarely kill the smaller kits! But, now I have this kit - all ready to go - that I will keep together until I get tired of it or it is all used up.

Here's a look at the papers:


I went with 16 papers instead of the 10 called for in our "recipe."  Since the photos I have pulled out range from toddler to teen, I grabbed a variety of papers so I wouldn't have to go looking for anything else. If I need something more I can always go get it out of my stash. The majority of the papers are from Echo Park collections - Little Boy, A Boy's Life, and Little Dreamer boy. I also added in a few from Simple Stories' Bro and Co collection for those teenage years. 

Here are the scraps that I have pulled:


These scraps are mostly from the Simple Stories Bro & Co collection and the Echo Park Little Dreamer boy collection. I hope that I can't get quite a few of these scraps used up!

Here are a few cut apart papers:


These papers will be great for extra embellishments or layering pieces. 

I may have gone way overboard on my embellishments but I like to have a variety and lots of choices!


These are the main embellishments that I pulled to use - a couple of sticker books, ephemera packs, puffy stickers, and enamel dots. I know I will need more enamel dots but they are always within reach so I didn't pull more than what you see here.

I also added in my die-cut books:


I have a few "boy" die-cuts in these books and I have marked where they are so I can flip to them easily. I would love to some of these used.

Why stop there?! I have a ton of these old 12x12 sticker sheets that I still need to use so I threw in what I had - or what I could find!


These stickers are kind of getting like the old paper scraps that I talked about in yesterday's post - I'm getting tired of looking at them! I may have to decide if once I'm done working with this kit I want to keep them or pass them along.

Here are a few alphabet stickers that I have included:


I'm sure I will use other alphas, as well, but I am really going to try to use these up first. We'll see how that works out!

I tried out Janet at RTS Scrapbooking's idea of sticker books...I really like the idea of them being in color order but I did not have much luck with the stickers coming off of the sheet easily. I used everything that she did but they are really stuck to my sheets! 


I pulled these sheets out to see if I can't get them used. 

Since our focus item is 6x6 paper pads, I pulled all of the boy-themed pads that I could find and added them to my kit:


My original intention was to just include 12x12 papers for backgrounds and use the 6x6 paper pads for everything else, but I know me and I knew I'd better mix it up if I want to be successful this month!

I also added in a few border punches to use this month:


Out of all of the border punches that I have, I thought these four would work the best with my boy photos. I will keep them on my desk for the month to help me to remember to use them. 

I know that if I feel like all I can make is boy pages this month that all I will want to work on is girl pages. Does anyone else do that? Plan one thing and then end up doing the exact opposite? Maybe I'm just weird that way! To try to curb that thought - I added in a few more 6x6 paper pads that would good for girlie, spring, or even summer layouts:


Some of these papers will also work with my boy papers, too.

These are the photos that I have pulled out to work on this month:


I have nine layouts planned with these photos and I can't wait to see what I can get done this month! 

Phew! It was a long post this month! Thank you so much if you have stuck with me this far!

Now, be sure to stop by Lisa's blog to see the fun kit that she has pulled together for this month. This is a just-for-fun challenge, but if you do play along and put together your own stash bash kit - add it to the linky below and we will be sure to check it out and cheer you on! Here are the rules:

1. Follow the challenge prompt to create a kit to work with throughout the month. You may use other items, but please concentrate on using your kit. 
2. Create new, not previously posted projects using your stash kit.
3. If you have a blog - please include the challenge graphic and a link to our challenge in your posts. 
4. You may link to social media if you don't have a blog. If you share on Instagram, please make sure to use - #lisaandlorisgreatstashbash2022

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today! I hope you have a great day!

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

1 comment:

  1. Great kit Lori!! I can't wait to see what you create with it! Good luck on getting nine layouts done, that is a wonderful goal!! I will be cheering you on!

    ReplyDelete