Monday, February 28, 2022

Sketch N Scrap Card Sketch #212

Hello, hello! Happy Monday to you! And what a happy day it is! The ice that we got last week is almost completely gone, the sun is shining, the birds are singing, and we are supposed to reach 60 degrees today and 70 by mid-week - spring is on its way! 

I hope that you had a good weekend. We had a last-minute sleepover with Miss Ada and after not seeing her for two weeks - it was wonderful! She kept us busy wanting to do all the things and we all had so much fun! Lots of  "sledding" on the ice, lots of Yahtzee, Uno, and Guess Who, and lots of Spongebob! We definitely made up for those two weeks that we missed.

Today I am sharing the card that I created with the February 20th sketch from Sketch N Scrap. I had a lot of fun with this sketch and I think I'll see if I can't make another card or two from it. Here's a look at the sketch:


And this is what I came up with:

Back sometime last year I got rid of all of my scraps. I was tired of dealing with them and looking through the same ones over and over again. I guess I just wasn't inspired by them anymore. And it was so freeing! But - when it came to making a card or needing just a small piece of paper for a layer here and there - I kind of missed having those scraps to go through! Am I sorry I got rid of them? No. I do think I could have gone through them and picked out a few to keep, but it has been really nice to start over fresh!

Since then I am back to saving my scraps. I don't save every single teeny tiny piece of paper - I am much more selective these days in what stays and what goes - and most of the time I keep the scraps with the collection until the collection is gone or mostly gone. But - I do have one 12x12 page protector (that is all I will allow myself to have) that has random scraps in it. I went through it this weekend and put everything in rainbow order and I even pulled out a few coordinating scraps for some cards - and that is how this card came to be!

This card is made up completely of scraps - right down to the alpha stickers I used on it! I'm not sure why I had the alpha stickers in my scraps but they went well with these papers and instead of putting them back into my stash, I thought I would put them to use!

I matted all of the papers with navy cardstock scraps so each piece would stand out a bit more. I added foam tape to the sentiment and lined it up with the background paper. I did not add an embellishment to the top of the card like the sketch calls for - I just felt like everything I tried got lost on the busy paper - and that paper is pretty enough that it doesn't need anything more!

This was such a fun sketch to work with and I know I will be using it again!

Be sure to stop by the Sketch N Scrap blog for more inspiration using the February sketches. Today is the last day to enter the challenges, so don't delay!

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today! Have a great day!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment