Sunday, March 13, 2022

Finding Hearts - Sketch N Scrap's March Crop Challenge #3

 Hello, everyone! Happy Sunday to you! Today is the start of Daylight Saving Time and I am looking forward to having daylight a little longer!

Today I am sharing the layout that I created for Sketch N Scrap's March Crop Challenge #3 in our monthly challenges group on Facebook. Here is the sketch that I picked for the challenge - Sketch #206 from Aug. 1, 2020:


One of my favorite things about this sketch is all of the layers it has going on. This is what I came up with:


I used papers that I had included in my March kit for Lisa & Lori's Great Stash Bash. In fact, I think that I used mostly scraps on this layout. The only full sheet of paper that I cut into was the green paper. Even the red paper for the hearts was a scrap from one of the 6x6 paper pads.

These photos are of Matthew from 2013. We had gone to Bennett Springs over Memorial Day weekend to walk the trails. Matthew was pretty lucky at finding hearts in nature on this day! He found a leaf with a heart shape and a rock that had a hole in the middle and when he picked it up it did look like a wonky heart. Grandma Kay always had a knack for finding hearts in the most random things and it looks like Matthew has it, too. 

Here is a close-up of my main cluster:


I die-cut three different-sized hearts for my embellishment clusters and then added a piece of wood veneer and enamel dots to each cluster. For my main cluster above, I added a label (which I meant to write our location on) and a puffy sticker. The puffy sticker had a yellow heart on it and since I didn't have yellow anywhere else on my layout, I covered it up with a wood veneer arrow that is pointing to my photos.

This is layout #2 of the nine that I had planned with my boy-themed stash bash kit this month. I'm excited to see how many I do get done this month!

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today! I hope you have a great day!

1 comment: