Monday, March 7, 2022

Sketch N Scrap's Card Sketch #213

Hello, everyone! Happy Monday to you! Are you ready for the new week? I think I am! I guess I'd better be because it is here!

Today I am sharing the card that I created using the March 5th sketch from Sketch N Scrap. Here is the fun sketch that Lisa created for us to use:

Another great sketch that will be going into my favorites folder! This is the card that I created with the sketch:


A few days ago a posted about how I had gotten rid of all my scraps at some point last year and have since started saving them again. In that post - that you can read here - I told you that while organizing my scraps I had pulled out a few coordinating scraps to try to use over the next month or two - either on cards or on layouts. Here are the four groups of scraps that I pulled:


Quite a variety of colors there! I am excited to see what I can use these specific scraps on and when they are gone - or mostly gone - I think I'll go through my scraps again and do it all over again. That would be a great way for me to keep up with my scraps.

Here are the "red" papers that I used on this card:


I used up all of one of the solid reds on this card and the polka dot paper on the right. I still have a bit of the floral paper left and I cut into the pink grid, thinking I would use it for the sentiment, but I just didn't care for it, so all of those pieces are still in this little "kit." There is plenty left over for another card or maybe I'll use it all on a layout.

For my card, I layered all of the papers to try to help separate them from the busyness of all of the polka dots. I stamped the sentiment on a scrap of ledger-type paper and I did have to pull out a piece of green from my scraps for the flower leaves but everything else was from the scraps for this mini kit.

It was fun to go through my scraps and pull out coordinating papers and put them to use. I can tell that I may be mixing and matching between a few of my mini kits before it's all said and done!

Be sure to stop by Sketch N Scrap for more inspiration using this fun sketch. I hope you have a chance to play along with us this month!

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today! I hope you have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment