Sunday, January 1, 2023

Lisa & Lori's Great Stash Bash - January 2023 Kit

 Hello again! I am back with my second post of the day. I am starting the new year off right around here!



The new month means it is time for a new Lisa & Lori's Great Stash Bash kit reveal! Lisa and I are continuing this challenge in 2023 and we've mixed things up a bit for the new year. In addition to our kit, we are also adding a "bashket" challenge. More on that a little later in this post.

If you don't know what Lisa & Lori's Great Stash Bash is all about - here is how it works - On the 1st of each month, we will post a challenge prompt and the stash kit we have created using that prompt. During the month we will try to use as much of our stash kit as possible on different projects. Then, on the last day of the month (or in my case on the first of the next month!), we will do a recap post showing what stash we were able to bash! With the addition of our "bashket" challenge, I am really going to try to remember to do a separate recap post to keep track of what I have used!

This will be a just-for-fun challenge so there is no monthly prize - but isn't the real prize using up our stash?  We hope you will join us in our quest to bash our stash! If you play along - link up on either my blog or Lisa's blog (or both if you choose) so that we can see who is joining us each month. Now, on to our first kit reveal of 2023!

A big thank you to Brandi for playing along with us in December! She made so many cute layouts with her kit!

Here is our "recipe" for January:


Not much has changed with our basics - add 10 papers, 3-4 embellishments, 5-7 scrap papers, and our focus item - which for January is wood veneer - and this year we have added 10 bashket items. More information on that after I show my kits.

To start off the new year I have decided to pull two mini-kits. Here is mini-kit #1:


This kit is made up of Simple Stories Pet Shoppe ad Pet Shoppe Cat papers. I only bought the papers from these collections - thinking I would be using them for non-pet pages. I did grab a couple of the cut-apart papers and I added a stamp set, so they will serve as my embellishments.

Here is a look at the papers:

I honestly bought these papers because I loved the patterns and the colors and I thought they would be good for guy pages. You may see a variety of layouts from this kit this month!

Here is a look at the b-sides:


Since there is a variety of colors in these papers, I tried to pull scraps for each color:


For my second mini-kit, I have pulled papers from PhotoPlay's Snowed In collection. We got a little bit of snow a couple of days before Christmas and I have quite a few snow pictures from last year that I need to scrap, and this collection was just begging to be used!

Here is mini-kit #2:


Here are the papers that I will be using:


Those blues, pinks, greens, and yellow are going to be fun to work with!

Here are the b-sides:


For my embellishments, I originally had just pulled the sticker sheet, ephemera pack, and one of the cut-apart papers, but then I thought of the Feeling Frosty collection from Simple Stories and I pulled a few embellishments from it in hopes of getting it all used up!


I added a couple of 6x8 paper pads, the Feeling Frosty stamp set, and the brads. Not everything matches but I'll use what I can.

Here are the scraps that I pulled for this kit:


Our focus item for January is wood veneer so I pulled out a couple of my boxes to see what I can get used this month:


There's quite the variety of wood pieces here! I have plans to use the little wood veneer words from Jillibean Soup in my journaling - but that is going to take some thought!

This year, one of my goals (my goals post is coming soon) is to use my stamps more often. I subscribe to Studio Calico's stamp kit and get a new stamp every single month. While I used a few of them as soon as they came in last year, others have not even been inked up yet, so every month I am going to pull a few stamp sets that I would like to use that month. Here is what I have pulled for January:


I have December's stamp set from Studio Calico plus a couple others from SC that I got for Christmas, an Everyday Explorers stamp set, and a few older sets from Close To My Heart. I would love to use each of these stamp sets at least once this month.

Now, about our "bashket" challenge. I have talked about the bashket challenge before here on my blog, but if you don't know what it is - here is a little bit about it. I believe the bashket challenge started in the Bash Your Stash Facebook group several years ago and the idea is to pull a set number of items - say 10 -  that you want to "bash" and put them in a basket, bin, tray, etc. and leave them within reach so you can get them used up. When you use all of those items then add 10 more items to your bashket. 

I have so many random odds and ends floating around my scrap room from past kits and I hope this challenge will help me to focus on getting them on layouts. 

Here is our bashket challenge:


Your items can be anything that you want - just pick 10 items to add to your basket. 

The items I pulled definitely influenced my kit this month. Here is a look at my 10 items:


1. a set of four frames
2. snow themed wood veneer and snowflake buttons
3. Jillibean Soup month labels
4. an arrow paper clip
5. a set of four rainbow-striped photo corners
6. I don't even know what to call this thing! It's like white-out but it lays down multi-colored arrows
7. assorted enamel dots/shapes
8. puffy stickers
9. a pack of labels and tags
10. 3 - star-shaped "tacks"

The snow-themed wood veneer and rainbow-striped photo corners will definitely be used on an upcoming layout and I already used one of the labels and a few of the enamel dots on the layout that I posted earlier today!

For this month's items, I have one of the large trays/lids from Target. I already have a basket on stand-by when I need something bigger, but this little guy is working just fine for now:


I am so excited for this new year of Lisa & Lori's Great Stash Bash and I can't wait to see how much stash I can use!

Head on over to Lisa's blog to see the beautiful kit that she has pulled together for this month. 

This is a just-for-fun challenge, but if you do play along and put together your own stash bash kit - add it to the linky below and we will be sure to check it out and cheer you on! Here are the rules:

1. Follow the challenge prompt to create a kit to work with throughout the month. You may use other items, but please concentrate on using your kit, and link it below.
2. Create new, not previously posted projects using your stash kit.
3. If you have a blog - please include the challenge graphic and a link to our challenge in your posts. 
4. You may link to social media if you don't have a blog. If you share on Instagram, please make sure to use - #lisaandlorisgreatstashbash2023
 
Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today! I hope you have a great day

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the shout out! I love the “bashket” addition!! I sort of do this already, but I like the added push to actually use the items in the miscellaneous baskets around my desk! Haha!! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your kits are terrific, Lori!! Best wishes for your crafting endeavors--all of them including TGCB! I've got a small stack of misc. pieces that stay near my work space and they've been sitting there taking up their little bit of real estate on my table!!! So even if I just pick those up and place them in a small box, that will be a good visual image to imprint in my brain cells to hopefully remind me to go to it as I prep for projects! Thanks for sharing lots of photos of your kit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What beautiful kits Lori! I love both these lines but didn't purchase them because of course I don't get a lot of snow in Texas and I have no pets lol! But I am excited to see what you do with these lovely kits this month! Happy creating!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this card was made with scraps from my January kit = https://beccasheartland.blogspot.com/2023/02/ouat-february-2023-based-on-my-heart.html

    ReplyDelete