Saturday, April 1, 2023

Lisa & Lori's Great Stash Bash April Kit


Hello, everyone! Happy Saturday and Happy April 1st! Spring has sprung and I am lovin' it! 

The new month means that it is time for a new Lisa and Lori's Great Stash Bash kit challenge. If you don't know what Lisa & Lori's Great Stash Bash is all about - here is how it works - On the 1st of each month, we will post a challenge prompt and the stash kit we have created using that prompt. During the month we will try to use as much of our stash kit as possible on different projects. Then, on the last day of the month (or in my case on the first of the next month!), we will do a recap post showing what stash we were able to bash! This year we have added a bashket challenge to our kit challenge. Every month we pick 10 items that we want to get used up this year in a basket. We try to use as many of those items as we can during the month. If we don't use them all then those items stay in the basket and at the beginning of the next month, 10 more items are added. The object of the challenge is to try to keep your basket from overflowing!

This will be a just-for-fun challenge so there is no monthly prize - but isn't the real prize using up our stash?  We hope you will join us in our quest to bash our stash! If you play along - link up on either my blog or Lisa's blog (or both if you choose) so that we can see who is joining us each month. 

Here is the "recipe" for April:


To create your kit, pull 10 papers, 3-4 embellishments, 5-7 scrap papers, and our focus item for April - which is flowers.

Don't forget to pick your 10 items for your bashket!


For April I have pulled a mix of spring and summer papers and embellishments. Here is my April kit:


I have chosen a mix of paper and embellishments from Close To My Heart and Echo Park for this month's kit. Here is a better look at the papers:


The papers on the back row are the more springy papers and the papers in the front are more summery but I will definitely be mixing and matching them for my projects this month.

Here is a better look at the "spring" papers:


The pink-striped paper and the blue diamond are from Echo Park and they match that floral paper perfectly. The darker pink paper, the wood plank paper, and the floral paper are all from the Close To My Heart "Backyard Bliss" collection, and the light blue paper is from the Close To My Heart "These Are My People" collection.

Here are the more summery papers:


The three papers on the left are from the Close To My Heart "Stitched Together" collection and the three on the right are from Echo Park's "My Favorite Summer" collection.

Here are the embellishments:


I have pulled the 12x12 sticker sheets from both collections, the sticker book, both ephemera packs, washi tape, enamel dots, and the cut-apart pieces from the My Favorite Summer collection.

 Our focus item for April is flowers and while I do have flowers on the sticker sheets and in the sticker book, I also pulled a few stamp sets that have flowers that I hope to get inked up this month:


And I can't forget my bashket items for April! Here is what I pulled:


1.)A set of six tags that I have no idea where they came from! I know they are from Simple Stories but I have no idea what collection they are from.

2.) A pack of flowers from Cocoa Vanilla's "Hello Lovely" collection that again, I have no idea where they came from. But, hey, they are flowers and they match my kit pretty well this month!

3.) The Simple Stories Life Documented chipboard pieces. I've used a few of the pieces at some point but there is still a lot left.

4.) A sticker sheet from Echo Park.

5.) The chipboard word "hello." I'm pretty sure this came in a kit from the Secret Not Secret Kit club back when I got a few of those. It's getting pretty beat up so I'd better use it soon!
 
6.) A pack of Bella Blvd buttons.

7.) An old label sticker sheet from Scenic Route. Gosh, I wish these had a date on them! I have been hoarding them since I bought them!

8.) A sheet of word phrase stickers from Simple Stories. I'm not sure what collection they are from but the phrases are very usable and I hope to use the majority of them on my projects this month.

9.) Puffy stickers from a Pebbles kit. I'm pretty sure I got these in a kit from The Scraproom since it's just a partial sheet, but I could be wrong.

10.) A collection of die-cuts that I pulled for kits when I was on the Counterfeit Kit Challenge Design Team and they never made it back to where they came from. I have loved pulling die-cuts to make my own little die-cut packs for my bashket and I'm happy to say that I've already used several on my projects in the last couple of months. 

Here's hoping I can make a dent in some of these items this month!

I am also keeping the rest of the My Favorite Summer collection close at hand. I had a hard time choosing which papers I wanted to go into my kit, so I will keep this close in case I need something else:


I almost forgot my scraps - and I actually pulled quite a few this month:


Lots of pink, blue, red, yellow, and grey. I even found a piece of vellum that I added to my scraps. Hopefully, I will remember to use it!

I did okay with my kit last month. I got two layouts and a card made from it and it is still staying out close in case I want to use it for some more summer layouts. I am still struggling with the motivation to scrap. I get all excited to go scrap and then I either get side-tracked or I just feel at a loss for where to start. I am hoping to do better this month! Pulling kits always gets me excited to get back into my scrap room and work.

Now, head on over to Lisa's blog to see the beautiful kit that she has pulled together for this month. 

This is a just-for-fun challenge, but if you do play along and put together your own stash bash kit - add it to the linky below and we will be sure to check it out and cheer you on! Here are the rules:

1. Follow the challenge prompt to create a kit to work with throughout the month. You may use other items, but please concentrate on using your kit, and link it below.
2. Create new, not previously posted projects using your stash kit.
3. If you have a blog - please include the challenge graphic and a link to our challenge in your posts. 
4. You may link to social media if you don't have a blog. If you share on Instagram, please make sure to use - #lisaandlorisgreatstashbash2023

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

1 comment:

  1. What a super fun kit Lori! I love the bright cheery colors and can't wait to see what you create with it! The only thing that gets me each month is when you use collections I don't have and that makes me want to go buy them lol! Not conducive for a person who is suppose to be using up her stash!

    ReplyDelete