Friday, March 17, 2023

Smile - Sketch N Scrap #269

 Happy Friday and Happy St. Patrick's Day! I hope that you have had a good week and that you are ready for your weekend.

Today I am sharing the layout that I created using the March 15th sketch at Sketch N Scrap. Here is a look at the sketch that I created:


This sketch came about when I pulled my Lisa & Lori's Great Stash Bash bashket items for February. I found a bunch of 3x4 papers that I had gotten in a swag bag kit from Paper Issues quite a while back. Like, at least 3 years ago, but probably longer. I used to love getting their swag bags and doggie bags filled with tons of embellishments and paper cut-offs. I see they no longer offer the swag bags but still have the doggie bags...I may have to order one again!

Anyway, I had included several 3x4 papers in my kit and quite a few of them were black and white. I wanted to create a sketch where I could use those black and white papers on a layout and get them out of my stash. This sketch is what I came up with,

Here is my layout:


Since I was using black and white 3x4 papers, I knew I wanted to add lots of color by way of my embellishments. I pulled out my March kit for Lisa & Lori's Great Stash Bash and my bashket and went to work! I found the rainbow diagonal stripe paper and thought that would be a good way to add color. Then I went through the die-cuts that I had added to my bashket and was able to get quite a few used on this layout. 

This photo is of me and my girls on our girl's day back in February. We had so much fun that day and have plans for another one in just a couple of weeks when they are on spring break. 

Here are a few close-ups:


Since our focus item this month is enamel dots/bling, I made sure to get quite a few on this layout! 


I found this ticket on my scrap room floor. I thought the colors went well and I really liked what it said - perfect for our girl's day, so I added it to my layout. That ticket, the puffy hearts, and the title are the only things that were not in my kit.


This area here on the sketch showed three enamel dots. I turned it into another cluster area.

Have you had a chance to play along with us yet? I would love to see your take on the sketch, too! 

Be sure to check out Sketch N Scrap for more inspiration using this sketch.

Thanks so much for stopping by today! I hope you have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment