Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Just Saying Hello - Sketch N Scrap #49

Good morning! I am so excited that today is the last day of school for the boys - and it's just a half day! Bring on those long, lazy summer days with no schedule to worry about.

I have a card to share with you today using Sketch N Scrap's May 5th sketch by Kelly Holifield:

 
Here is my take on the sketch:


I loved the big circle element with the sentiment below. I have a couple of ideas for some more cards using this sketch...now if I can just find some more time to play!

This last week we have had a members crop over at Inspired To Scrap. I hosted a game on Thursday called Guess How Many. I posted pictures of items in my scrap room and whoever came the closest without going over would win a little prize from me. What I discovered doing this is that I have a ton of flowers, a ton of washi tape, and oh my goodness, I do not even want to admit how many 6x6 paper pads I have! I mean, come on, do I really need 109 6x6 paper pads?! How did I get so many?

Well, I have decided that this summer I am going to challenge myself to use mostly only 6x6 paper pads on my layouts and my cards. Maybe, just maybe I can put a dent in my stash, and whenever I can add some flowers or washi tape - you guessed it, they will be added, too!

So, for my card I have used the Echo Park - Jack and Jill Girl 6x6 paper pad, and a few flowers from my stash! At least it's a start! I think it will be fun to look back at what I've created over the summer and see how well I did with my own personal challenge!

Sketch N Scrap is having their 3rd Birthday Bash all month long and there have been some awesome challenges every single day! I'm hoping to get a few more done before the deadline. Be sure to check them out!

Thanks for stopping by today and have a great day!
 

2015 Project 50 - Round 2 - #5/50

11 comments:

  1. This is lovely Lori! I LOVE the wood background, it really sets off the flowers for a wonderful summer feel! Thanks for joining us at Sketch N Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card!
    Thanks to joining us at Sketch n Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card!! I love the wood background! Thanks for joining us at Sketch N Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have been making some stunning cards lately Lori and this one is no exception! Love the wood background and the bright flowers. Thanks for sharing your wonderful card with us at Sketch N Scrap. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a beautiful take on the card sketch! Love the flowers and stitched buttons! I hear you on the hoarding! I have challenged myself to use a ton of my own things this past year and am amazed how much I can still use! Crazy!!! Good luck with your challenge! :) Thanks for playing along with Sketch N Scrap! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. My kids have another month of school yet. They always go to the end of June but don't start until the first week of September. I love the background of your card, makes the rest of the colors just POP. Thanks for joining us at Sketch n Scrap.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful take on the card sketch. Thanks for joining us at Sketch N Scrap! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card! LOVE the wood background with those pretty colors. Looking forward to seeing how you use up you 6x6 stash!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the background and your take on the sketch! Super Card! Thank you for joining in with Sketch~N~Scrap's 3rd Birthday Month!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a perfect card! This is fabulous! Thank you for sharing your work with us at Sketch N Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely card! Love the wood background. Thanks for joining us at Sketch N Scrap.
    Surama

    ReplyDelete