Tuesday, November 27, 2018

Sweet Treat - Scrap Our Stash Blend A Sketch

Hello again! I am back with my second post of the day. If you are looking for my Tuesday Morning Sketches reveal, please scroll on down.

Today is my day to be featured over at Scrap Our Stash with my take on this month's Blend - A - Sketch Challenge. Here are the two sketches that we are to blend this month and we also have the added challenge to use pennants/banners to our layout.


I think that these two sketches have a lot of similarities so it was pretty easy to blend them together. Here is what I came up with:


From the first sketch, I used the paper strips and photo mat and from the second sketch, I used the photo placement and a tag for my journaling.

I have used an older paper collection from Close To My Heart - Sugar Rush - for my layout. The colors and the paper with the sweet treats were perfect for these photos of Ada. I had quite a bit to say about these photos, so I added my journaling to a tag and stuck it behind the left photo. You can't tell it in the photos too well, but the tag is very light soft pink.


The story behind these photos - Ada came in one day towards the end of summer and told me she would sure like to get a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle ice cream from the ice cream truck but her Mommy never had any dollars!
So, I sent her home with $10 - more than enough for a TMNT ice cream and maybe another little something when they went to the store. As luck would have it, the ice cream truck didn't come around that weekend, but Abby and Shawn took Ada to Wendy's so she could get a Frosty. She was such a big girl going up and ordering all on her own and paying for it with her own money - it was only 50 cents so she still had lots of money left over, too! And Ada was still able to get her TMNT ice cream when the ice cream truck came by on Labor Day weekend.

Here are a couple of close-ups of the embellishments. I thought the Elle's Studio stamp that says - Life is made up of special moments like this - was perfect for these photos.



Be sure to stop by Scrap Our Stash for more design team inspiration just about every day of the week! I would love to see your take on the challenge.

Thanks so much for stopping by! Have a great day!

1 comment:

  1. Very sweet photos and what a great job combining those sketches, Lori!! Love the tiny hearts!

    ReplyDelete