Monday, November 12, 2018

A Counterfeit Kit Challenge Twofer - Sort Of!

Hello, everyone! Good Monday morning to you! I hope that you had a good weekend and are ready for the new week. We are expecting some snow today...that's not unheard of around here this time of year, but it's very rare! We shall see what we end up with!

Counterfeit Kit Challenges has their first challenge of the month today. November is my (Lisa's) birthday month and there's always a sprinkle of shimmer, confetti, sequins or glitter to be seen. Make sure to make your projects shine by adding some extra sparkle to them.

So, I have a twofer for you today...I made my layout for this challenge, making sure to add lots of sparkle and bling, only to realize I had forgotten one very important detail - to USE MY KIT! Yep, I made my first layout -  from my scrap box - not my November kit! Doh! So it was back to the drawing board - with my November kit.

This is my second layout using papers, die cuts, and stickers from my November kit:


The one thing that I didn't include in my kit was something sparkly...oops!...but I did have this silver glitter paper on my desk from another project so it got added to my kit - just a bit after the fact!

I used the glitter paper to die cut some hearts and I also used it as one of the paper strips behind the photos.


I had originally planned on having the "Be Happy Be Bright Be You" die cut serve as my title and use the space under the photos for my journaling, but I found the "hello there" stickers in the Maggie Holmes sticker book that I had in my kit and went ahead and added them for my title.


I based this layout off of this sketch from October from Let's Get Sketchy


I thought since I had already made a layout for this challenge - just didn't use my kit for it! - that I would share it, too.


To be honest - these papers could have (and should have) been added to my kit this month. They are the right colors and the white with grey dot paper is actually from my October kit...

I used the silver glitter paper to die cut hearts from and to add a strip to the purple paper. I also added some purple gems for more bling. And I got another unicorn sticker used on this layout! Ada's shirt has a "hulacorn" on it and I thought it was the perfect time to get another one of these stickers used.



I based this layout off of this sketch from Cheryl at Even More Scrapping. It's an older sketch that I have had saved on my Pinterest boards for quite a while, so I am glad that I got to use it!


So I may have been concentrating so much on getting that extra sparkle on my page that I forgot to use my kit, but at least now I have TWO layouts made - and in record time for me, I might add!

Stop by Counterfeit Kit Challenge to see the sparkly layouts that the other design team members have created. We would love to see you playing along with us!

5 comments:

  1. Hahahaha! Glad to know I'm not the only one who does that kind of stuff! ::WINK:: Beautiful layouts...both of them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome layouts Lori and I agree they are perfect for this month's kit :) LOL I have to say I've done the same before :) Cause all the papers look pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done Lori. Your layouts look wonderful. The pink, mauve, silver combo is perfect for the little girl photo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful layouts, love the glasses.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both layouts are terrific, Lori!!! They've got your clean and simple style with enough touches of shine and sparkle to meet the criteria for the challenge! Thanks for inspiring and sharing your crafting stories!

    ReplyDelete