Wednesday, September 1, 2021

Lisa & Lori's Great Stash Bash - September Edition

 

 
Hello, hello! I am back with my second post of the day. It's been a while since I've two posts on the same day, so if you are looking for my guest designer at Sketches In Thyme post, then scroll on down!
 
It is time for the September Edition of Lisa & Lori's Great Stash Bash. If you don't know what the Great Stash Bash is - it is a challenge that my good friend Lisa and I do every month. We pull items from our stash based on a "recipe" (which you will see below) in an effort to get our scrappy stash used up!

Before I share my September kit with you, I want to let you know that I am so pleased with how much of my August kit that I got used up - at least the papers!  I am planning on doing an update post tomorrow sharing what I made and what I have left. 

Now onto my September kit. Here is the September recipe:


Our "recipe" is to pull 10 patterned papers, 5-7 scraps, 3-4 embellishments, and our focus item for September is tags.

I have pulled two mini kits again for this month. It seems like I have more success doing it this way than when I tried to make one kit. Here is a look at my first kit:


For my first mini-kit, I will be using Photo Play's  Little Boys Have Big Adventures collection. I loved using part of this collection for a layout earlier this year and I have so many photos of my boys from when they were little that I want to scrap. This mini-kit will be perfect to get some of those old photos on a layout. Here's a closer look at the papers:


This is showing which side of the paper I am likely to use, but I do like some of the patterns on the back, so I included a photo of those, as well:


I'm sure those stars and that green paper will make an appearance!

Here are the embellishments that I have picked:


I pulled what was left of the sticker sheet and die cut pack, a few random die cuts that are the right color, a partial pack of brad/chipboard pieces, a package of star stickers, and some wood veneer. I'm not too sure about that wood veneer - it is so thick! I thought I would throw a few pieces of it in my kit and if I don't even attempt to use it, I will pass it on or get rid of it. Bulk in my scrapbooks used to not matter much to me but lately, well, I like my pages a bit on the flatter side! We will see.

Here are my measly scraps:


I included a coule of pieces of cardstock with my scraps. If I don't use it for a background, I may use it for matting. The patterned paper scraps are what were left over from my previous page. I didn't bother to pull in anything more as I figure I will have scraps from the full papers that I would like to use up instead. 

And, of course, while looking through  my supplies to find things to include in this month's kit, I came across a few things that I thought would be good to include:


I added in a cut apart sheet from the collection to use as maybe titles or embellishments,  and then I pulled out a few alphas that I thougth might work. Those small white, black, and red alphas have been in my stash probably since the early 2000's. I would love it if I could get some of them on a layout and if not they will go on my desk for future Project Life or traveler's notebook spreads!

Here is a look at my second mini-kit:


Yeah. This kit in the photo above is not that inspiring...These are all of the full sheets of paper from the Simple Stories - Oh Happy Day and Dream Big - collections that I have left. There's a reason they are still in my stash - they are not my favorite! So, you may be asking why in the world would I make a kit of papers that are not my favorite. Surely I have papers in my stash that are...The answer is - I want to get these papers and stickers and diecuts out of my stash! Hopefully, that means they will end up on a layout, and if not, they will be out the door at the end of the month, too. And when they are paired with the scraps they really aren't bad at all! Let's take a closer look at the papers:


I have to say the extra solid mint paper is an extra from a Dear Lizzy collection. It kind of made its way into my kit by accident, but it's in there now and I will try to get it used! These are the sides that I will more than likely use, but here is a photo of  what is on the other side:


Here are all of the colorful scraps:


This is all of the scraps from these two collections and I would love to get them all used up this month - very doable if I just set my mind to it. Here's a look at the full sheets of paper and the scraps together:


Now it all makes sense!

Here is what I included for embellishments:


I am sticking with the stickers, puffy stickers, and die cuts that are left from these two collection. I did add in a couple of random stickers and enamel shapes, too. There's a pretty good variety there but the stickers and die cuts are pretty specific, so I added in a few more goodies in case I need them:


I have been reorganizing my scrap room all year - trying to get like things together - and I have been coming across a lot of random embellishments. Embellishments that came in a kit from The Scrap Room that didn't get used, or die cuts that I picked up at Tuesday Morning that I don't have any of the collection to go with it...you get the idea. As I came across these things - anything that was the right color got thrown in my kit! I even added a few alpha stickers to this kit, too, in hopes that I won't have to go looking for those when I sit down to scrap.

Our focus item this month is tags. I don't have a ton of tags in my stash. I usually make my own when I need one. I did round up what I had and picked ones that I thought would work with my kit and added them in:


I'm not gonna lie - there's a few in there that I am not crazy about.  I will see if I can make them work. Sometimes I'm surpriesed by what I like when it actually gets on a layout!

I am excited to work with this kit and have high hopes of killing this kit! Is it possible for me to do that two months in a row? I have plans for several layouts, so it's looking good!

Be sure to stop by Lisa's blog to see the fabulous kit that she has pulled together for this month. This is a just-for-fun challenge, but if you do play along and put together your own stash bash kit - add it to the linky below and we will be sure to check it out and cheer you on! Here are the rules:

1. Follow the challenge prompt to create a kit to work with throughout the month. You may use other items, but please concentrate on using your kit. 
2. Create new, not previously posted projects using your stash kit.
3. If you have a blog - please include the challenge graphic and a link to our challenge in your posts. 
4. You may link to social media if you don't have a blog. If you share on Instagram, please make sure to use - #lisaandlorisgreatstashbash2021

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today! Have a great day!

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

1 comment:

  1. I am loving both your kits!! Funny thing is some of the papers you don't like I am hoarding as I like them toooo much lol! So funny how we all have different tastes! The other funny thing is one month I might love a paper and then the next month I don't like it so much...I guess if I keep it in my stash long enough I eventually will like it again lol! I am so proud of you using up so much of your kit last month! I can't wait to see the recap post!! Good luck this month I know you can do it and I look forward to what you will create!!

    ReplyDelete