Sunday, September 19, 2021

You Are One Of A Kind

Hello, everyone! Happy Sunday to you! I hope that you are having a good weekend. We are still hanging onto those summertime temperatures but it looks like we may see some fall-like weather a little later this week. That is quite fitting since fall officially arrives on Wednesday!

Today I am sharing the layout that I created using the September 15 sketch from Sketch N Scrap. I am also playing along with this week's challenge from Lasting Memories which is to use striped patterned paper on your layout.

Here is a look at the sketch:


I love this sketch and will be using it again, I am sure! This is what I came up with:


These photos are of Shane when he was just 10 months old. Wow - 21 years have gone by so fast! He loved this little plane swing at my sister's house and the higher you would swing him - the more he loved it! I love to see that sweet - happy - baby face!

I stuck close to the sketch - only adding in an extra tag and an embellishment cluster around my title. I added in a couple of thin strips of striped patterned paper to satisfy the challenge at Lasting Memories.

I bashed some older stash on this layout - using the Little Man patterned papers from Echo Park from 2015, and some stickers from the Little Boy collection from Echo Park from 2010. I also used the last of those large wood veneer stars that I had. I am a little sad to see them go but I always have a metal die that looks just like them.

Here are a couple of close-ups:


I wasn't sure what I was going to title this layout but on the backside of the blue graph paper are border strips and I found this "you are one of a kind" on it. I cut it out of the paper -which you can see below - and I was able to cover it up with the airplane paper:





I felt like this bottom cluster was lacking a bit with just the journaling box and stars so I added in several enamel dots and star stickers to beef it up. I might have gone a touch overboard with all of those enamel dots - but I like how it turned out.

Be sure to stop by Sketch N Scrap to see more inspiration using the September 15th sketch and stop by Lasting Memories to see how the rest of the design team took on the striped patterned paper challenge. I hope you have a chance to play along with both of these challenges this month!

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today! I hope you have a great day!

2 comments:

  1. Love this layout and Shane's sweet face! I have se of that paper too!

    ReplyDelete