Friday, September 10, 2021

TN Time With Lisa & Lori - September Edition

 Hello, everyone! Happy Friday to you! We have made it to the weekend once again. It looks like it is going to be a hot one around here so maybe we will get one more swim in before the pool is put to bed until next summer.

It is time for the September edition of  TN Time With Lisa & Lori! Here is how it works - this is a just-for-fun monthly challenge that starts on the 10th of each month and ends on the 9th of the following month at midnight CST. If you complete my random challenge for the month - link your TN, bullet journal, or planner spread below. If you complete just Lisa's sketch challenge, link up over on her blog - My Creative Endeavors. If you combine both challenges - be sure to link up on both Lisa's blog and here on my blog.

Here is my September challenge:


Just use the color mint green on your spread and add a doily.

Here is the fun sketch that Lisa has created for us:


And this is what I created:

 

Since school just started back up a couple of weeks ago it got me to thinking that I wanted to make Ada a school traveler's notebook. I will make the same type of layout for every school year - 1st day, her school photo, spring photos (as long as they take them), and last day of school. At the most there will be four layouts for each school year. I figured I'd better get started before I get too far behind! I hope to get caught up before we get to far into this school year. She's already a second grader so I am looking at eight more layouts to get caught up.

For this layout, I used the kit that I made up for this month's Great Stash Bash kit. Even though this TN will be all school related photos, I did not want to go overboard with only using school themed papers and embellishments. 

I have been hoarding holding onto this multi-colored scalloped lined paper - just waiting for the perfect layout. I am so happy to get it on a layout and I still have a good chunk of the paper left. Let's see if  it shows up again before the end of the month! I also used the solid mint green paper from a Dear Lizzy paper pad. It matched the mint green in the Simple Stories paper perfectly. 

Here are a few close-ups:


This "hello" rubber embellishment has been floating around my room for a while and I had added it to my stash bash kit in hopes of using it this month. It was perfect for this layout. Since I have trouble getting these rubber embellishments to stay adhered, I stapled it in a couple of places onto the photo mat before I stuck it down to the layout. I also managed to get the last two of those  floral embellishments used on this layout.


I felt like I needed a little more yellow at the top of my layout, so I found three word stickers that worked and they were the same colors as the scalloped stripes on the opposite page. That helped me to get that little bit of yellow at the top that I wanted. 


The only things that I used on this layout that I did not include in my stash bash kit are the white enamel dots and a couple of stamps. For the lines on my layout I used the Noted stamp set from Elle's Studio and the little plus signs are from Close To My Heart's Simple Florals (Z3724) stamp set. I have got to remember to pull my stamps out more when I am working on a layout. I always love the way they look. 

I am so excited to work on this traveler's notebook and hopefully be able to stay caught up on it!

Be sure to stop by Lisa's blog to see her beautiful layout for this challenge. I hope you have some time to play along with us. I would love to see what you create!

Even though this is a just-for-fun challenge we do have a few rules:

1.Create a TRAVELER'S NOTEBOOK, PLANNER, OR BULLET JOURNAL spread based on the CHALLENGE THEME and/or our sketch. 
2.Create a new, not previously posted project.
3.You are welcome to combine with other challenges.
4.If you have a blog please include the challenge graphic & a link to our challenge in your post.
5.You can link to social media if you don't have a blog. If you show your project on Instagram, please make sure to use #TNtimewithLisaandLori 
6.You can submit multiple projects but they must be posted to InLinkz or social media separately.
7. Most importantly have FUN!

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today! Have a great day!

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

1 comment:

  1. Amazing layout Lori!! I love it!! I can't believe Ada is in second grade already, WOW!! I love the stamping on your pages! I wasn't as brave as you to stamp directly on my pages but I did stamp too!! I need to break out those stamps more often!!!

    ReplyDelete