Monday, September 20, 2021

The ScrapRoom September Shots of Life Kit - Week 32/2021

 Hello, everyone! Happy Monday to you! I hope that your week is off to a great start. We had a nice quiet weekend at home - which meant lots of scrappy and stitchy time for me!

Today I am sharing the layout that I created using the September portion of the Shot of Life Kit from The ScrapRoom. Here is a look at the kit:


This is what I came up with:


For my layout, I used the Bella Blvd - You Are My Sunshine - cut apart cards and epoxy stickers that were included in the kit. The fun - bright colors in those cards were perfect to document another week of summer fun. I dove into my Bella Blvd scraps bin to add a bit more color to my layout. 

Here's a closer look at each side of the layout:


I kept my title card pretty simple for this week. I used one of the 4x6 cut apart cards and fussy cut the sun from one of the 2x2 cards. I cut a ticket shape out of the backside of the Lemon Twist cut apart paper and added my week title to it. I then just stamped my dates directly on the card.


This was a pretty busy week for us. Ada stayed with us Monday-Wednesday since Abby had some training out of town those days. On Monday, we passed the time until Pops got home from work playing Uno and video games. She is very good at both! She beat me the best out of five games of Uno and was deemed the champ! She also beat her best time on one of the speed runs in Astro's Playroom on the PS5. She was pretty excited to do that, too.

 

We went for a walk on Monday evening and had the most beautiful view. The journaling on that photo says  - Today (8/9) would have been Kim's 59th birthday and Mom would've been 80 on Thursday (8/12) I should've known they would give me a beautiful sunset to enjoy! I added a couple of stamped word phrases and enamel hearts to finish off that photo. 

The bottom photo is showing just how tall our sunflowers grew this year. Ada was standing on top of  Scott's shoulders - and they were on a little bit higher ground than the sunflower - and it was still taller than both of them together! I think we tried to measure it and it was close to 10 feet tall! The "Have a sunny day" was punched from one of the 2x2 cards.


Ada had her first stargazing experience while she stayed with us - thanks to the Perseid meteor shower. She was lucky enough to see one pretty soon after we went out. I discovered it is almost impossible to take a selfie in the dark! It took a couple of tries but I did manage to get us all in the photo!

Here is a look at the right side of the spread:



The top photo is of Ada with her Wendy's kids meal toys. This girl can have fun with just about anything! We'd told her before she came over that Pops would bring home supper one night after work. She chose Wendys and she brought two of the cars she's gotten in previous kid's meals to play with - and she was hoping she would add a new one to her collection. She got the unicorn car - which made her happy as can be. For the embellishment on that photo, I used a stamp that said - the simple joys of life - and added one of the epoxy flowers to it. 

 I really liked the multi-colored hearts card from the cut apart sheet. I added one of the 2x2 squares to it with a polaroid style frame around it and added a few more enamel hearts to finish it off. 

The next photo is of Ada and Aunt Amy - her birthday buddy. Aunt Amy came over for a visit one of the days she was over and she brought her a few fun goodies, too. Ada played with them the rest of the afternoon. 


Ada and I always try to take a "sleepover selfie" when she spends the night and she was a good sport - posing for a photo by our flowers.


Ada could not wait until Pops would get home so they could go out to the pool. It's crazy the things these two think up to do in the pool! The crazier the idea is - the better it is! I added a chipboard sticker from my stash and a couple of stamped phrases to this photo. 


Once again I added a sort of - week in review - journaling card. I used a 4x6 index card - just cutting it down a bit so it could be matted on a piece of patterned paper. I stamped the words 'This week' and added a few more epoxy flowers to it. I had one little green epoxy heart left and turned it sideways so it looked like a flower leaf. 

I have just a couple more photos from this week that I would like to have added...I may add an insert - like maybe a 6x8 page protector size for those last few photos and stories.

The only things I used on this layout from my stash are - white cardstock, stamps, chipboard stickers, small enamel hearts, and some patterned paper scraps.

It feels great to get another week documented!

Be sure to check out The ScrapRoom blog for more inspiration using the September kits!

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today! Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment