Wednesday, September 1, 2021

Sketches In Thyme September Guest Designer

 Hello, everyone! Happy September 1st! Fall is just around the corner, and although I am not ready for summer to end anytime soon, I am looking forward to the cooler days that are sure to be coming.

I am so excited to share that I am the guest designer over at Sketches In Thyme this month! I had the pleasure of working with this fun sketch by Laura Rumble:


And this is what I came up with:


I created a layout of all of the fun that Ada and Pops have had in the pool this summer. Once these two hit the water there is no telling what crazy things they will come up with - and it seems the scarier the better!

For this layout, I used Simple Stories' Sunkissed collection. When I bought this collection I really wanted to make Ada a 6x8 Summer 2021 album and fill it with all of the fun things she did this summer. I have created one layout for it and all the rest have been 12x12 layouts. I am either going to have to buy more of this collection or rethink how I want to do it!

I really liked that the sketch had little bits and pieces of paper coming out from behind the photos. That helped me to get some of those scraps used up. I also really liked the cluster between the rows of photos. It was fun to pull out all sorts of the summer/pool-themed stickers and layer them up across the layout. 

Here are a few close-ups:


Even though the sketch did not show a spot for a title, I added one at the top of my photos. I just can't seem to not add a title to my layouts!




I want to say a big thank you to Sketches In Thyme for having me as their guest designer this month! It was truly an honor!

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today! I will be back soon with my September kit for Lisa & Lori's Great Stash Bash!

1 comment: