Sunday, September 12, 2021

My Boys - Sketch N Scrap Monthly Challenges - Challenge #4

 Hello again! I am back with my second post of the day. If you are looking for my Lasting Memories reveal, please scroll down. 

Today I am sharing the layout that I created for Challenge #3 at Sketch N Scrap's Monthly Challenges Facebook group. Here is the sketch that I chose for the challenge:


And here is my layout:


For this layout I used the Photo Play - Little Boys Have Big Adventures collection - that I had included in my September Stash Bash kit. I managed to use one full patterned paper and one of the pieces of cardstock that I had included in my kit, and I used up a couple of scraps. I wish that I had cut the paper that is behind the photo bigger than 6x6 so a little more of it is showing, but I cut into the paper before I really thought it through and there was no going back. I made good use of the die-cuts that I included and I got a couple of stickers used off of the sticker sheet. I did add those thick wood stars to my layout. I am still not a fan of them but at least I got 9 on this layout. 

This is an old photo of Matthew and Shane from 2006. I may or may not have scrapped this photo before...I really can't remember! The one area I need to get better in is my photo organization and remembering what I have scrapped! It doesn't help that these photos are from back in the day when you got 2 or 3 copies of each photo in your photo order. What was I thinking getting 3 sets of the same photos??

Here are a few close-ups:



I felt like my title got a little lost when I added it directly to the background paper so I made a little box for it to sit on. Now it is much easier to read. 


Be sure to check out the Sketch N Scrap Monthly Challenges Facebook group, I would love it if you played along with us!

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today! I hope you have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment