Wednesday, October 13, 2021

Sketch N Scrap #234

Hello, everyone! Happy Tuesday to you! I cannot believe that it has been almost two weeks since my last post! I have been scrapping - I just am not able to share with you until later in the month. 

Today I am up on the Sketch N Scrap Facebook page sharing the layout that I created for the October 1st sketch. Here is a look at the sketch, courtesy of Sketch Artist Stacy:


And this is what I came up with:


For this layout, I used Bella Blvd's You Are My Sunshine collection that I had included in my stash bash kit for this month. These papers are so bright and colorful and they just make me happy! I had taken these photos of Ada a couple of weeks ago when we went for a walk after supper. It was a tad bit cool so Abby told her to put on her jacket. Once she got it all zipped up and the hood pulled up - she stopped and said -in a somewhat monotone voice - "I look just like one of those high schoolers." One thing is for sure - she has the brooding teenager look down pat!

Here are a couple of close-ups:


I added an extra embellishment cluster on the left side of the page. I really wanted to include that die cut that says - sunshine mixed with a little hurricane. That sums up Ada perfectly! Since I added my journaling down the side of the page I really didn't have room for it anywhere else.


I knew I wanted my title to be the phrase that Ada said on our walk. I decided to add my journaling around it - fitting the title in the middle of it. I wanted to add just a bit more color to the white background so I sponged on a bit of yellow ink. It's hard to see it in the pictures but I love the look. 

Be sure to stop by Sketch N Scrap to see the sketch and more inspiration using this sketch. I hope you have a chance to play along!

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today! I hope you have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment