Saturday, January 15, 2022

Sweet Little Love Note - Sketch N Scrap #240

Hello, everyone! Happy Saturday to you! I hope that you are having a good weekend - and if you are lucky enough to get Monday off for MLK day - enjoy!

Today I am sharing the layout that I created using the January 1st sketch at Sketch N Scrap. I love it when a sketch has big blocks of paper on it and this one is sure to go into my favorites! Here's a look at the sketch:


And this is what I came up with:


For this layout, I used my layout kit #1 that I created for our Stash Bash challenge this month. It's a little busier than what I tend to make but I like how it turned out and it was fun to put together - AND I  got a few more papers used up from this collection! I now only have the cut apart papers and a few scraps left to use. Maybe I'll try to make a card or two from it.

These photos are from Valentine's Day last year. We'd had a stretch of super cold weather - cold enough for our swimming pool to freeze over - and some snow. Scott went out on the ice and shoveled a heart out of the snow for a sweet little love note for my valentine!

Here are a couple of close-ups:
 

I used one of the cut apart cards from the 6x6 paper pad for my title base. I added the rest of my title by way of tiny alphabet tile stickers and an enamel heart to finish it off. 


I fussy cut the stained glass heart from a cut apart card and used up a few more stickers from the sticker sheet. 

I made sure to mat all of my patterned papers with black cardstock since they were all so busy. This helped them to stand out a bit off of that busy background. 

Be sure to check out Sketch N Scrap for more inspiration. I hope you have some time to play along with us this month!

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today! Have a great day!


2 comments:

  1. Hi Lori! Omygosh, tell your hubby he did crazy good! How very sweet and romantic was that? LOVE your layout, the black matting was genius for all those different prints, fab! I'd be tempted to take this one out of the album and frame and hang for Valentine's every year! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that cute stained glass heart! This layout is just perfect!

    ReplyDelete