Tuesday, May 10, 2022

Lisa & Lori's TN Time - May Challenge

 Hello, hello! Happy Tuesday to you! I hope that your week is off to a good start. We got our pool all ready to go - and just in time! We went from rainy and cool 60s to sunny and humid 90s in just a couple of days' time. You'll hear no complaints from me - I much prefer the warmth to the cold - but it would have been nice to have a few days there where we could open up the windows and enjoy some fresh air!

It is time for the TN Time With Lisa & Lori May challenge! If you are new here and you don't know what this challenge is all about - here is how it works - this is a just-for-fun monthly challenge that starts on the 10th of each month and ends on the 9th of the following month at midnight CST. If you complete my random challenge for the month - link your TN, bullet journal, or planner spread below. If you complete just Lisa's sketch challenge, link up over on her blog - My Creative Endeavors. If you combine both challenges - be sure to link up on both Lisa's blog and here on my blog.

Here is my May challenge:


Add some washi tape and some circular elements to your layout. The circles can be anything - stickers, labels, enamel dots, etc.

Here is the fun sketch that Lisa has created for us to use:


And this is what I came up with:


Since school is almost out around here - Ada has less than two weeks now - I figured I would pull out her school TN and work in it. I would love to have this TN all caught up before she heads back to school in the fall for third grade!

For this layout I have used one of the page kits that I put together for my April - Lisa & Lori's Great Stash Bash kit. I ran out of time last month before I had a chance to work on this, so I am glad that I was able to finally put it to use!

Everything on this layout is from Simple Stories' - So Happy Together - collection, with the exception of the mint green circle label, the word phrases, and the piece of mint green that is my cluster base for my top cluster - they all came from the die-cut boxes that I had included in last month's kit. 

Here are a few close-ups:


I added a strip of coral washi tape beside the striped patterned paper and you can see that I added a few circular elements in this cluster base - a doily, a circle label, the circle die cut with the globe and lots of enamel dots. I love how this cluster turned out!

I used my Lawn Fawn Finley's ABC's metal dies to die cut my title. They are the perfect size for my TNs. 


While the majority of my embellishments came from the So Happy Together collection, a few of them did come from my random die-cut boxes. I love flipping through those random goodies looking for things to include on my layouts. 


I added another piece of washi tape to the bottom of the die-cut phrase. It kind of got lost on the darker background, so I added the washi tape to a piece of white cardstock and then cut it out so it would show up a bit better. 

I loved the tag elements on the sketch but did not end up using any tags on my layout. I do plan to use this sketch again in the near future and add tags to that layout!

Be sure to head on over to Lisa's beautiful blog - My Creative Endeavors - to see her take on this month's challenge. 

Now, even though this is a just-for-fun challenge we do have a few rules:

1. Create a TRAVELER'S NOTEBOOK, PLANNER, OR BULLET JOURNAL spread based on the CHALLENGE THEME and/or our sketch. 
2. Create a new, not previously posted project.
3. You are welcome to combine with other challenges.
4. If you have a blog please include the challenge graphic & a link to our challenge in your post.
5. You can link to social media if you don't have a blog. If you show your project on Instagram, please make sure to use #TNtimewithLisaandLori 
6. You can submit multiple projects but they must be posted to InLinkz or social media separately.
7. Most importantly have FUN!

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today! I hope you have a great day!

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

1 comment:

  1. Sweet layout and the colors complement Ada's photo so well!! Terrific interpretation of Lisa's sketch, too! Brilliant!

    ReplyDelete