Saturday, May 28, 2022

Beautiful Butterfly - Sketch N Scrap's 10th Birthday Bash Exclusive Sketch #3

Hello, everyone! Happy Saturday to you! I hope that your weekend is off to a good start. The kids are all coming over today for a bbq and I can't wait to see them!

We have been celebrating Sketch N Scrap's 10th Birthday all month long and today I am sharing the layout that I made for their 10th Birthday Bash Exclusive Sketch #3. Here is a look at the fun sketch that Lisa has created for us to use:


And this is what I came up with:


I stuck pretty close to the sketch for my layout - the only thing I changed was the placement of the top embellishment. 

I used Echo Park's Little Dreamer - Girl collection for this layout. I tend to shy away from those busier papers, like the butterfly paper on my layout, but I have been trying to challenge myself by using them at least once in a while, and that paper was perfect for these photos of Ada and the butterfly she made in art class. 

This collection didn't have very many butterflies in the embellishments so I had to make my own! With the busier paper, I kept the embellishments to a minimum. I always feel like they either get lost on the busy paper or that they make the layout feel even busier - but that's just me!

Here are a couple of close-ups:


I die-cut the scalloped circle for a base for my butterfly. This butterfly die has been in my stash for years and I have never used it. It made the perfect embellishment for my layout and now that I have used it, I am sure I will be using it a little more often! I added a simple heart sticker, word sticker, and enamel dots to finish off the cluster.

The "you are made of wonderful" sentiment is from a Recollections butterfly stamp and die set. This is the first time that I pulled it out to use and it is another supply that has been in my supplies for ages. I am so glad that I got these supplies out and showed them some love!

I thought that sentiment was perfect - the butterfly was made of wonderful because Ada made it and she is made of wonderful, too!

Be sure to stop by Sketch N Scrap to see this sketch and all of the sketches from this month's celebration. I hope you have some time over this holiday weekend to play along with us!

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today! Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment