Tuesday, May 17, 2022

Just Give Her Sunshine - Sketch N Scrap NSD 2022 Sketch

Hello, everyone! Good Tuesday afternoon to you! I hope that your week is off to a good start. 

Today I am sharing the layout that I created using Sketch N Scrap's exclusive sketch for interNational Scrapbooking Day. This is such a fun sketch and another one that is going into my "favorites" folder! Here's a look at the sketch:


And this is what I came up with:


For this layout, I have used the Simple Stories' Full Bloom collection that I had put into my Lisa & Lori's Great Stash Bash kit for this month. I really wanted to use that green paper with the little flowers and snails on it and I could not think of a better layout than this one of Ada on yet another springtime adventure at the creek last spring. Even though it was in really small amounts - I am so happy that I used it. I did not buy a lot of this collection and now I kind of wish I had. I am in love with the colors and patterns in this collection. 

I love the photo of Pops helping Ada across the little fallen tree. The water is not really all that deep - it would be hard-pressed to be deep enough to go over the top of Ada's rubber boots - but I am sure that to Ada she was on some grand adventure. She was probably imagining the water was lava and she had to go across that fallen tree to get to safety. Thank goodness Pops was there to help her across!


I had a hard time with the title on this one. I knew I wanted it to be "Just Give Her Sunshine" and I tried every form of "sunshine" that was in this collection. I think the trouble was that everything that said sunshine was in the same floral pattern as my patterned paper and it just did not look right to me. I finally saw the simple foam "sunshine" and went with that. 


For this top cluster, I used a view master reel die to serve as my sun. Sure, there were all sorts of suns in the collection, but I really wanted to try out my new die! My sweet son, Matthew, asked me what I wanted for Mother's Day, and at first, I told him I didn't want anything - just to spend the day with him and my other kids - but he kept asking me and I finally told him that there were a few things on my scrappy wish list that he could get me. He told me to send him the links. I sent him several links and told him to just pick one and surprise me. The little stinker got me all of them and this view master reel was one of them! He is too good to me!

When I cut the reel out of the golden yellow paper I knew it would be my sun for this layout. It just wouldn't look right otherwise!

I love how this layout came together and that I used things on it that I was afraid that I wouldn't ever use - like the green snail paper and that cute little bird and nest. 

Have you had a chance to play along with any of the sketches this month? I would love to see what you create, too!

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today! I hope you have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment