Friday, May 27, 2022

Hello Fun - Sketch N Scrap #249

Hello, everyone! Happy Friday to you! Our long holiday weekend has officially started and I am ready for a few days of doing whatever we want whenever we want! I know all of the kids are coming over one day over the weekend for a bbq so that is something to look forward to!

Today I am sharing the layout that I made for the May 15th sketch at Sketch N Scrap. Here is a look at the fun sketch that Heather created for us to use:



I knew when I saw this sketch that I wanted to use tags in place of all of the banner pieces. Simple Stories made that easy for me to do by putting cut apart tag papers in their collections! This is what I came up with:


For this layout, I have used Simple Stories' Feeling Frosty collection. I cut the tag paper apart and used the plainer side of the tags as my bottom layer and the more colorful - patterned - side as my top layer. The left side of my layout felt pretty heavy with all of the tags, so I added a good-sized cluster to the top right and extended my journaling to try to balance it out. 

Here are a couple of close-ups:


I die cut the large heart with my metal dies and then layered it up with a die-cut, stickers, and brads. I love how it turned out.


A lot of times how I envision a layout and how it actually turns out are two different things. For once my layout turned out just how I wanted it to! I added flat-backed brads, a phrase sticker, and a chipboard snowflake to both the top and bottom of the tags.


Instead of adding string to all of the tags, I looped the string through all three of the top tags.


I added a couple of washi tape strips under my title to anchor it because I felt like it was just floating on the page. I added my journaling under my title and a few snowflake stickers.

Guys, I am so happy with how much of this collection - paper-wise - that I have already used up! I went a little crazy when I bought this collection getting the big collection kit that comes with the chipboard stickers and one pack of ephemera. I also got the 6x8 paper pad, the puffy stickers, journaling bits, stamps, and washi tape. I still have quite a few of the embellishments left, but I know I will be able to use them over time. But the paper - I only have 3 full 12x12 sheets of paper left and they are all generic enough on one side that they could be used for anything. I don't have a lot of scraps left, either. And I even have managed to use about half of the 6x8 paper pad! That is a huge accomplishment for me!

Have you had a chance to play along with this sketch yet? I would love to see your take on it, too!

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today! I hope you have a fantastic day!

No comments:

Post a Comment