Sunday, November 6, 2022

Hello, Friend - Lasting Memoiries #624 - 2 Photo Sketch

Hello, everyone! Happy Sunday to you! I hope you are having a good weekend. It has been a quiet weekend around here, which has allowed me to spend some time in my craft room. 

Today I am sharing the layout that I created for this week's Lasting Memories challenge. For November, Lori K is providing the challenges, and she has chosen sketches for us to use each week. She has chosen an Allison Davis sketch for this week's challenge:


Here is the link to the sketch on Pinterest - https://www.pinterest.com/pin/37788084367184740/


I am scrapping more pictures from our zoo trip last month - and I used more of my Lisa & Lori's Great Stash Bash kit for this month! The only things that were not in my kit were the background paper and the alpha stickers, other than that, I used scraps from my first layout and the 6x8 paper pad.

I die-cut and punched out a ton of hearts and managed to use almost all of them on this layout. I do have a few of the paper strips and a few hearts left over that I hope I can get used on another layout before the end of the month so I don't have to add them to my scraps.

The story behind the photos - Ada was so excited when she saw a commercial for the zoo and on the commercial, they showed an alpaca in the petting zoo. She said, "They have a llama at the zoo! I'll get to pet a llama!" We told her we thought it was an alpaca and she said, "I know, but that's close enough!" When we made it over to the petting zoo the cute little alpaca came right over to Ada and she was able to love on it all she wanted.

Here are a couple of close-ups:


I may have to go in and change the color of the alpha stickers for 'hello' on the layout. It really shows up better in person but it does blend into that dark strip of paper.


This label was in one of the die-cut packs. It was made to look like it was layered on a piece of striped paper. The look of the stripes on top of that lined background was just way too busy for me, so I cut off the striped paper and just used the red label. 

I am so glad that I got more of our zoo photos scrapped and that I used more of my stash bash kit! Maybe, just maybe, I will be successful at getting all of the zoo photos scrapped and using up my stash bash kit this month!

Head on over to Lasting Memories to see how the rest of the design team took on this sketch. Their layouts are all fantastic!

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today! I hope you have a great day!

2 comments:

  1. Loving all those hearts, Lori!!! Super creative way to interpret the sketch!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stash bashing at it's finest. Love what you got done with mostly scraps.

    ReplyDelete