Monday, November 14, 2022

Heart's Quest Challenge Blog Love Theme #9 - Love and Candy

Hello, everyone! Happy Monday to you! I hope that you had a good weekend and that you are ready for the new week. Hubby is off today and I'm not sure what our plans are just yet. Maybe we'll head out and do some shopping, or maybe we'll just stay home and do whatever!

Today I am sharing the project that I created for Heart's Quest Challenge Blog - Love Theme #9. For this challenge, you must use the word 'love' on your project and this time we need to see some candy! Since I have been working on a few Christmas cards and candy canes and peppermints were the first things that popped into my mind and this is what I came up with:


To satisfy the candy theme,  I have Santa holding a candy cane and the candy cane paper. I used the word 'love' in my sentiment - which I just typed up on my computer and printed it out. These papers are from an old Doodlebug Designs 6x6 paper pad - Here Comes Santa Claus (2016) that I have been hoarding for ages! I'm pretty sure I bought 3 or 4 of these paper pads when they first came out and I am down to mostly scraps. I guess I'd better be looking to see if I love this year's collection as much as this one. I think it's time to look for something new!

This card came together really quickly. I debated on whether to use the diagonal stripes because it kind of makes your eyes crazy, but I didn't really like anything else that I put with it, so crazy diagonal stripes it is! I added foam tape to the sentiment and to the piece for a bit of dimension. 

Be sure to stop by Heart's Quest Challenge Blog for more inspiration and for all of the details of the challenge. I hope you have some time to play along with us!

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today! Have a wonderful day!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks, Lori, for creating your cheerful Christmas DT card project for Heart's Quest! HQCB readers will be inspired indeed with your creative talents! --Becca/owner

    ReplyDelete