Sunday, January 1, 2023

Puppy Secrets - Sketch N Scrap #264

Hello, hello! Happy Sunday and Happy New Year! I always say this, but I cannot believe that it is the first day of the new year. The older I get, the faster the years seem to go!

Let's kick the new year off right with a new sketch from Sketch N Scrap. Lisa is getting us started with a fun one-photo sketch:


And this is what I came up with:


For this first layout of the new year, I have used Simple Stories Pet Shoppe and Pet Shoppe Cat papers. When these collections came out I didn't even give them a second look. I really wasn't interested in any more pet collections - I need to use up what I already have - but then I saw them in person at Scrapbook Generation and realized that the majority of the patterns were pretty generic - and in colors that I love! I didn't buy much - just the papers that I really loved and knew that I could use easily. I loved these papers so much that when I saw Scrapbook Generation had them on their end-of-year sale I may have ordered more.

This photo is of Winnie and Willie back when Winnie was new to the family. It didn't take Willie long to warm up to her and when Abby brings her over to be a "country dog" they have the best time together. I loved this photo of the two of them sitting on the deck. In reality, Willie is probably sniffing her, but to me, it looks like he is telling her a secret.

Since I didn't have any embellishments, I just made do with some odds and ends - enamel dots, wood veneer, a label, stamps, and punched circles from one of the pattern papers. 

Here are a couple of close-ups:


I am making it a point to use my stamps more on my layouts this year. Ideally, I would like to do some sort of stamping on every layout, if possible. I stamped a phrase on a label for this layout:


Be sure to check out the Sketch N Scrap blog to see the sketch and the lovely layouts from the rest of the design team. I hope you have a chance to play along with us!

Thanks so much for stopping by! I will be back soon with another project to share with you.

1 comment:

  1. This is just such an adorable layout Lori! Winnie and Willie are just precious and I love this picture!

    ReplyDelete