Sunday, January 22, 2023

LM #634 - One Little Word

 Hello, everyone! Happy Sunday to you! I hope you are having a good weekend.

Today I am sharing the traveler's notebook layout that I created for this week's challenge at Lasting Memories. For January we have been focusing on the year that has passed and the new year ahead and this week's challenge is 'Word of the Year.' Many people follow Ali Edwards One Little Word and use their word to focus their intentions for the year. This week we were to choose a word and create a layout using the word as our title.

Now, before I get into my post, I just want to say that I have chosen words in the past but I have never subscribed to Ali's One Little Word Class. That does not stop me from choosing a word to focus on throughout the year.

Here is what I came up with:


This year the word that I have chosen is 'Intentional.' I thought of several words as possibilities but I just kept coming back to intentional. The definition of intentional is - done on purpose; deliberate. When you are intentional you choose to make decisions and take action on what's most important to you. This is so what I need for this year! 

I want to be more intentional with our money - more saving - less spending - and I want to be more intentional with the money that I spend on my hobbies. I want to make sure I have a purpose already in mind for what I am buying instead of buying things just because they are pretty or because everybody is buying them and I have FOMO! If I am being more deliberate with spending then that is going to help with the saving!

I want to be more intentional with my relationships - making sure to spend more time with the ones that I love and to always be present.

I want to be more intentional with my time. Less time online - more time with the ones I love and doing the things that I love. 

Lastly, I want to be more intentional with my scrapbooking and the stories that I want to tell. 

For my layout, I have used papers from an American Crafts paper pad and I managed to use a couple of the labels that I had put in my bashket for this month!

Here are a couple of close-ups:


The alphabet stickers I picked up from the Studio Calico big year-end clearance sale. I wish I had gotten a few more packs of them! They are the perfect size for my traveler's notebooks and project life. I even managed to use a strip of washi tape that I got from Felicity Jane's big sale.


I based my layout on this sketch from Journals For Life:


Be sure to stop by Lasting Memories. I hope you have a chance to play along with us!

Thanks so much for stopping by today! I hope you have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment