Sunday, March 5, 2023

Happy Together - LM #640 - World Wildlife Day - and Sketch N Scrap #268

 Hello, hello! Happy Sunday to you! I hope you are having a good weekend. It's been another beautiful weekend here but they are calling for colder temperatures later this week. 

It is time for a new theme and a new set of challenges at Lasting Memories this week. We are celebrating some special days in March that you just might not know are special! March 3rd is National Wildlife Day and so our first challenge is to create a layout and add an animal to it in some way. This can be in the patterned paper, an animal in your photo, or an animal embellishment. You do not have to scrap about an animal, but you can if you want to!

This is what I came up with:

For this layout, I scrapped a photo of Ada and her puppy, Winnie. They were both just hanging out on our bed, enjoying each other's company.

I used my March kit for Lisa & Lori's Great Stash Bash. Everything on this layout was either in my kit or in my basket that is almost to overflow! I did have to go in search of a scrap of paper to mount floral paper onto so I would stand out on that white background, and I found a piece of mint from another Simple Stories collection - Sunkissed - that was perfect. 

I tried to add some stenciled hearts on the background but just felt like it didn't look right, so I stuck with the white background. 

I based my layout on the fabulous March 1st sketch from Sketch N Scrap:


I love sketches with big blocks of paper. I always try to find my favorite paper to use there to show it off.

Here are a couple of close-ups:


I put a few of the items that I have added to my bashket the last couple of months to good use on this layout. I went through all of those die-cuts that I added in February and pulled anything that was yellow, pink, orange, or mint. I was able to get quite a few on this layout. The "You are pretty sweet" sticker was from one of the old My Mind's Eye sticker sheets. 


This "happy" die-cut has been in several of my kits over the last few years. I am happy to have it finally on a layout! When I found the "together" die-cut, I thought it was a perfect way to finish off the title.


I managed to use a total of three tags from the tag cut-apart paper in my kit. Now that I have actually cut into that paper, maybe I will get them used on more projects this month. I finished off each cluster area with our focus item at Lisa & Lori's Great Stash Bash - enamel dots.

I love how this layout turned out!

Won't you join us at Lasting Memories and at Sketch N Scrap this month? We would love to see your beautiful creations!

I will be back soon to share another project with you. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today! Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment