Thursday, January 4, 2024

Flurry Friend - Sketch N Scrap #288

Hello, hello! Happy Thursday to you! Here we are at the 4th of the month and I am getting my second post up! I am hoping I can get back to posting more often here on my blog this year.

Today I am up on the Sketch N Scrap Facebook page sharing the layout that I made using Sketch and Scrap's January 1st sketch. Here is a look at the sketch, in case you haven't seen it yet:


Isn't that a fun sketch?! Here is my layout:


On the 29th of December, we got a little bit of snow, just barely enough to cover the ground, but it was a nice wet snow and perfect for building a snowman. The first thing Ada did when she woke up was to meet Pops outside to play in it! They built a snowman, that they named Bernard, and took the sled out for a few runs down our little hill. There wasn't a lot of snow but they sure made the most of it. I loved it when Ada said, "Winter in the country is so much fun!" If the weatherman is right, we might be seeing more snow the first of next week. I am looking forward to more days filled with building snowmen, having snowball fights, sledding, and finishing it off with a cup of hot cocoa!

For this layout, I used my winter-themed mini-kit from my stash bash kit. I also used a piece of paper (the dark blue background) from my 100 Patterned Paper Challenge pile. (I'll be going into more detail about that in another post.) I managed to cut into three of the papers from my kit, and I even remembered to use a scrap on this layout! 

Here are a few close-ups:


I stuck really close to the sketch, only adding a tag to the top - mostly because I wanted to bring more red into the top of the layout. I had thought about journaling on it but decided to just add my journaling under the photos. The red puffy heart and blue puffy dot were part of the extra embellishments from last year's bashket that I added to this month's kit. 


I added foam tape to the snowman and 'stay frosty' die-cut to add a little dimension. Another stamped phrase, puffy heart, puffy dot, and snowflake stickers finished out the cluster. 


Instead of my usual black ink, I printed my journaling out in navy blue. Trying to mix things up a bit more this year, and it's just fun to use a color sometimes for your journaling. Just like using a colored pen instead of always using blue or black!

Be sure to check out the Sketch N Scrap blog and the Sketch N Scrap Facebook page for more inspiration using this sketch. I hope you find some time to play along!

And just for fun - here's a photo of me and Finnegan. He was being overly dramatic because I dropped my phone on the floor right next to him. Don't tell him, but he is kind of a big weenie!


Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today! Have a great day!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment