Wednesday, January 17, 2024

You're So Cool - Sketch N Scrap's January Monthly Challenge #5

Hello, everyone! Happy Wednesday to you! I hope you are having a good week so far. The temperature is warming up today - we have hit 33 degrees! That's feeling downright warm after spending the last few days right around 0 with the wind chill in the negative 20s!

Did you know that Sketch N Scrap is offering up a smaller format sketch starting this month? It has been posted over in the Sketch N Scrap's Monthly Challenges Facebook group as Challenge #5. Lisa has created a great 6x8 double-page sketch to kick things off. Don't let the smaller size scare you! You can adapt it to any size that you would like.  Today I am sharing a traveler's notebook layout that I created using the left side of the sketch.

Here is a look at the sketch:


And here is my layout:


I used the left side of the sketch and added an extra photo and a place for my journaling. Other than that I kept to the sketch. 

The blue dot paper is one that I had included in my 100-patterned paper pile for this year. There is no information on the back and no manufacturer strip, and it is very lightweight, which means it's either from the early 2000s or from Hobby Lobby. I used less than half of it, so I won't count it as being used until I can use a little bit more of it - maybe on a card. The background paper is from the American Crafts Ready Set Go collection from 2012 and the heart paper is from Pink Paislee's Pen Pals collection and both were in my scraps. It feels so good to use up some of these older papers in my stash!

Here are a couple of close-ups:




The title is from Cocoa Vanilla's No Limits collection and the stars are from Pretty Little Studio's Savannah Dreams collection. The sunglasses are from an Echo Park summer collection... I can't remember which one I pulled them from, and the camera and red circle label are stamps from Elle's Studio Here & Now stamp set.

I am so happy that I used so many manufacturers on this layout! If this isn't using up my stash, I don't know what is!

The photos are of Miss Ada showing off her new sunglasses. She found them at Target on our last girl's day shopping trip right after Christmas and spent some of her Christmas money on them. She's showing glimpses of the soon-to-be teenager that she will be before we know it. 

Here it is in the traveler's notebook:


It has been a while since I made a traveler's notebook layout and I have missed it! I am so happy to be back working in them again.

Be sure to check out the new smaller format sketch at Sketch N Scrap's Monthly Challenges Facebook group. We would love to see how you interpret the sketch!

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today! I hope you have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment