Monday, January 1, 2024

Lisa & Lori's Great Stash Bash January 2024 Kit Challenge

Hello, hello! Happy New Year to you! Ah, a brand new year. A clean slate, a fresh start, a whole new world of possibilities, and I am ready for it. Let's kick things off with a new Lisa and Lori's Great Stash Bash challenge!


Can you believe this will be our 5th year doing this challenge?! It does not seem like it has been that long for me! Over the years some months I have done really well with using up my kit, and others, not so much, but I am so glad that we started this challenge. I know that I have used up more of my stash thanks to this challenge. Now if I could just quit adding more stuff to my stash, maybe I would make a dent in it!

If you don't know what this challenge is all about, here's how it works:

 On the 1st of each month, we will post a challenge prompt and the stash kit we have created using that prompt. During the month we will try to use as much of our stash kit as possible on different projects. 


This will be a just-for-fun challenge so there is no monthly prize - but isn't the real prize using up our stash?  We hope you will join us in our quest to bash our stash! If you play along - link up on either my blog or Lisa's blog (or both if you choose) so that we can see who is joining us each month. 

This year we have decided to drop the 10 bashket items each month. I still have my basket of items from last year that I will be pulling from every month to help supplement my kits and to try to get them used.

Here is the "recipe" for January:
 

To create your kit, pull 10 papers, 3-4 embellishments, 5-7 scrap papers. Our focus item for January is a favorite of mine - 6x8 or 6x6 paper pads.

I am starting the year off with two mini-kits. There are a couple of reasons for this. One, I like to scrap in the season we are in so I am hoping for some snow this month, or I will scrap snow photos from previous years. Two, this is generally a gloomier time of year with winter in full swing. To help me combat the wintertime blues, I have pulled a second mini-kit full of bright colors.

Here is a look at mini-kit #1:


Mini-kit #1 consists mostly of Echo Park's I Love Winter collection for those wintertime photos. Here is a look at the papers:


I did add a piece of paper from Simple Stories Feeling Frosty collection, too.


For the embellishments, I have added the two cut-apart papers and the sticker sheet from the I Love Winter collection, and then I went through my bashket items from last year and pulled what I thought I could use with this kit.


I also added a couple of snowflake punches. I have a few snowflake dies, too, if I should need them.

Here are the scraps for this mini-kit:


Here is the much brighter mini-kit #2:


I love the pretty, bright colors in the Cocoa Daisy Happy Days collection! Here is a better look at the papers:


There's a good chance I will use both sides of these papers, but I am more likely to use what is shown.

Here are the embellishments:


I included the sticker sheet, the die-cut packs, cut-apart paper, chipboard stickers, and alpha stickers from the Happy Days collection, and then I once again went through my bashket from last year and added what would match.

Here are the scraps for mini-kit #2:

Our focus item this month is 6x8 and 6x6 paper pads and here is what I pulled out:


The Happy Days 6x8 paper pad, Simple Stories Let's Get Crafty 6x8 paper pad (2022), Amy Tangerine's Plus One 6x6 paper pad (2013), and the 6x6 and 8x8 Document Life papers (2019) from Pretty Little Studio. All of these paper pads match mini-kit #2 really well.

While going through my bashket, I went ahead and pulled whatever would match my kits this month. I am more apt to use it if I have it out and ready to go:


This year I will be adding a few stamp sets to each of my kits. I love my stamps, and I love to use them, but I don't use them nearly enough. So, every month I will add a few sets that I think I can use with my kit that month and challenge myself to stamp on (hopefully) every layout.

Here are my choices for January:


I have all of my stamps and extra embellishments in this little bin and it will stay on the edge of my desk all month long.


I am ready to get this month started and I hope that it is a very productive scrappy month!

This is a just-for-fun challenge, but if you do play along and put together your own stash bash kit - add it to the linky below and we will be sure to check it out and cheer you on! Here are the rules:

1. Follow the challenge prompt to create a kit to work with throughout the month. You may use other items, but please concentrate on using your kit, and link it below.
2. Create new, not previously posted projects using your stash kit.
3. If you have a blog - please include the challenge graphic and a link to our challenge in your posts. 
4. You may link to social media if you don't have a blog. If you share on Instagram, please make sure to use - #lisaandlorisgreatstashbash2024

I hope to have a blog post up sometime this week going over my scrappy plans for 2024.

Be sure to stop by Lisa's blog - My Creative Endeavors - to see her beautiful kit for January.

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today!

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

1 comment:

  1. FIVE YEARS!! YIKES!! Time flies when you are having fun as they say!! Happy New Year and good luck on using up your amazing kits for this month! I love them both and can't wait to see what you create with them!

    ReplyDelete