Sunday, January 15, 2017

Lasting Memories #327 - Ribbon, Washi Tape, Or Paper Strips

Hello again! I am back with my third post of the day. If you are looking for my Christmas Cards All Year Round reveal, please scroll down or go here. For my Love To Scrap Challenge Blog reveal, please scroll down or go here.

Lasting Memories has a new challenge posted today. In January we are focusing on using up some of that forgotten stash, and this week's challenge is to use ribbon, washi tape, or paper strips.

For my layout I chose to use lots and lots of washi tape!


First of all, I started with a light grey background paper matted on a piece of black cardstock. Since the photo I wanted to use didn't have a lot of color in it, I wanted to go nice and bright and colorful with the washi tape. There were several times when I almost went with paper strips instead of the washi tape, but I kept working with it and I like the end result.

The photo had some extra space at the bottom, so I decided to just add my title directly onto the photo - something I don't do very often, but I really like the look.

The journaling says - Oh my word - I LOVE this photo of Ada! It has got to be one of my all time favorites. Her carefree attitude is contagious. Not a worry in the world - just enjoying being outside, going on a walk with the dogs!

Head on over to the Lasting Memories blog to see the beautiful layouts from the rest of the design team. We do hope you get a chance to play along with us!

Thanks so much for stopping by! I will be back with one more project to share with you a little later!

7 comments:

  1. Just love the background for this layout! Oh my you did great with the washi tape very inspiring for ones that lost of washi tape :) the layout is fantastic too

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all of your strips of washi! This page is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awe. This picture reminds me of growing up. I used to spend almost every Saturday with my Grandma. We lived next door, and they had a farm. These times with your sweet Ada are sure to be precious memories for you, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The photo is fantastic and I love the look with the title work right on the photo. The washi tape background is beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! I love your washi background! So bright and colorful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE LOVE LOVE the washi background! Great way to use up some stash.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful!! LOVE the picture and your design!!!

    ReplyDelete