Monday, June 19, 2017

Use Your Stuff #268 - Try Something New

Hello again! I am back with my second post of the day. If you are looking for my Stick It Down reveal, please scroll down or go here.

This week at Use Your Stuff, Renee is challenging us to try something new! A new technique or a new product that you haven't used before.

I decided to play around with my watercolors and see what I could create. I recently watched a project life process video and in the video the person used watercolors on one of her cards. I really liked the look of it and thought it was easy enough that I could surely do it! Here is what I came up with:



I tried out several different colors and then went through one of my die cut packs and my stamps to add some embellishments to each card.


I think this card is my favorite of the three! I love the colors and I just love the way it turned out!



I think I may go back and add some sequins or bling to this card...I'll have to see what I want to use when I use this in my album.


And I still have a few of these cards just waiting for embellishments! I am so glad that I tried out this new technique! I'm sure you'll be seeing it a little more often!

(I also used this technique on a greeting card in my previous post. Check it out here.)

Head on over to Use Your Stuff to see what new products or techniques that the rest of the design team created.

Thanks so much for stopping by! Have a great day!

2 comments:

  1. These are fabulous. Ah, the magic of watercolor! Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the look of the watercolor backgrounds on your CAS cards; the doodled edges really finish them off.

    ReplyDelete