Tuesday, May 15, 2018

Too Cute To Be A Super Villain - Sketch N Scrap #153

Hello, hello! Here we are at the middle of May already! This month is moving right along!

The middle of the month means we have a new sketch posted at Sketch N Scrap today. Heather has created a fun two-photo sketch for us to work with.



I have made a layout of Miss Ada being a "super villain". She came in one day and had her My Little Pony mask on and she had a little Nerf-style gun. She jumped up in the air and came down on one knee. I told her I liked her superhero pose, to which she replied, "I am NOT a superhero, Nana, I am a super villain!". Well, let me tell you, she is too cute to be a villain!

I added my journaling behind one of the photos with the pull tab:


The little shirt she had on had a bunch of colorful little icons on it - ice cream cones, unicorns, sunglasses, etc. - and I really wanted a patterned paper to mimic that, but since I do not buy a lot of "themed" papers, I didn't have anything in my stash like that. (I may have to change my thinking on buying themed paper!) I decided to go with the floral paper that had all of the same colors in it. I always find it a little challenging to work with paper with a slight diagonal stripe - nothing looks straight - but I measured, and measured, and it is!

I pulled the purple and navy from her My Little Pony mask for the colors of my title.

Head on over to Sketch N Scrap to see the layouts from the rest of the design team.  We would love to see your take on this fun sketch.

Thanks so much for stopping by today! I will be back soon with another project to share with you!

2 comments:

  1. This story is to ADORABLE!!! LOVE it! Love your title block and papers as well! I need to start using a full sheet of patterned paper for the background, it looks so amazing! How did you do the word "super"? I really like it,it looks foiled? Great job with the sketch as always!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lisa! The "super" is a sticker from the Shimelle sticker book. I thought it would go perfect in my title!

      Delete