Friday, May 18, 2018

Sketches In Thyme PL Style #102

Happy Friday! We have made it to the weekend and we are officially on summer break. It feels good to know the lazy days of summer are finally here.

It's the third Friday of the month and that means Sketches In Thyme PL Style has a new sketch posted today. This sketch is courtesy of Emma and it is another great one.



I have created a card for Ada's first-year album. I would have had the completed layout, but when I got to looking I didn't have the pictures printed for it, so I will add that when I pick the photos up this afternoon.

I have got to keep telling myself - these cards - this album is supposed to be quick and simple! More often than not I am stressing over making each card a masterpiece and at that rate, I am never going to come close to finishing this album or any of my Project Life albums!

When I was working on this card, I kept trying to think of what else I could add to it, and you know what, it doesn't need anything else. It has the date, the occasion, the journaling will be on a journaling card, so no need to add anything like that...and all total this took me a total of 5 minutes to complete. Now, that is how you get these albums done.

I found the 3x4 card in my stash, and since I put all of my cards together and out in the open in hopes of using them, I have no idea which kit it came from. I die cut the row of hearts, punched the tab, printed off "First Mother's Day" and that was it. Could I have added enamel dots, hearts, etc.? Sure, but it would have also taken me a lot longer and I am happy with the results. When this card is in the pockets with the photo and the journaling card it will look great.

I have jumped around so much in Ada's first-year album that I have no idea what holes need to be filled, so I have made it my goal this summer to sit down, write down what layouts I have made, what layouts I still want to make, print out the photos for them and get this project done.

Head on over to Sketches In Thyme PL Style to see how Tina used the sketch. We would love to see your take on it, too!

Thanks so much for stopping by today! Have a great day!



No comments:

Post a Comment