Saturday, July 6, 2019

Counterfeit Kit Challenge Mini Kit Reveal

Hello, everyone! Happy Saturday to you! I hope that you are having a good weekend! My hubby has been on vacation all week and I'm a little sad that his vacation is almost over! It's always nice to do things at a little slower pace.

It's mini kit reveal day at Counterfeit Kit Challenges and I am sharing the mini kit that created with you today!

Our inspiration kit that Tina has chosen for us to use is from Clique Kits and it is their June 2019 kit called - Sweet Tea:
Along with the main kit they have a junior kit:

I took a little different approach this time with my mini kit. Normally I try to match each paper that is in the kit as exact as I can - that's just me and my way of doing things, but this time I was drawn to one particular paper in the junior kit - the popsicle paper. I knew I had just gotten photos of my granddaughter making popsicles and I wanted to get them scrapped, so that is where my kit started! 

I went in search of some popsicle paper in my supplies and I found the Bella Blvd - Popsicles and Pandas collection - which was exactly what I was looking for - and it had some blues, pinks, and yellows in it like the junior kit. Here is my page kit:


I added in a few other things that I had found in my supplies - mirrored acrylic embellishments - similar to the fruit shaped pieces in the junior kit, and I added in some puffy stickers and die cuts to finish out my kit.

Here is the layout of Miss Ada making her popsicles using my kit:


I did have to add a scrap of red paper to my kit. There is a little red in the popsicle paper but that was it and I wanted a bit more since there was red in the photos.

I based my layout on a sketch from Scrapbook Generation's - The Whole Picture Vol. 2. If you like to use sketches and you like to use 4x6 photos - this book (and the Vol. 1) is a must-have! And the great thing is that if you are not a double page layout kind of gal - you can easily use one side or the other for a single page layout.

Here is a better look at each page individually:



I decided I needed a little something behind the hearts and plastic clip because they were getting lost on the popsicle paper so I pulled in a doily for each of my cluster areas and for my title area to help them stand out:



This blue journaling card has been in my bashket, well, pretty much from the get-go a couple of years ago when I put the first one together. I am so happy that I finally got it used! 


I rarely pull alphas and enamel dots for my kits because they are right beside my desk and I use them on almost every layout - so it is just handier for me to grab what I need when I need it!

I pulled more supplies than what I used but it's always nice to have some options when I'm working with my kits.

I was also inspired to put together a second page kit - based off of the cut apart sheet with the lemon on it. That lemon made me think of another story I want to document and here is the page kit for it:


You'll be seeing what I create with this kit a little later this month for one of our challenges!

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today! I hope you have a great day!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Lori! LOVE your sweet popsicle page and what a great idea to use the doily to ground the cluster! Also love your mini-kit "in-waiting", and can't wait to see what you will create with it! Enjoy seeing what you create/come up with as a CKC DT member- really love your scappy-style and read every post! Thanks for sharing, as always! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another fantastic layout for Miss Ada! I have that paper packet and bought it mainly for the "Pandas":)

    ReplyDelete