Sunday, July 14, 2019

Capturing Ada - The Studio Challenges Stars and Stripes

Happy Sunday, everyone! I hope that you are having a good weekend. Ours has been busy with a sleepover with Miss Ada. We swam and swam, and swam some more. We even watched Finding Dory while we were in the pool. It was a lot of fun and we are all ready for the next sleepover!

It's time for a new challenge at The Studio Challenges today. This week our challenge is - Stars and Stripes - we want to see some stars and stripes on your layout.

When I think of stars and stripes I always think of Independence Day or our flag. Since I've already made a few Independence Day layouts (all documenting previous years), I decided to go a completely different route and scrap something else! This is what I came up with:


Abby had just sent me this photo - along with a few others - of Ada at the park. There are so many good ones that it was hard to pick which one to scrap first! I chose this one because it just captures Ada right now, at age 5!

I've got quite a bit I want to journal about this layout and, as luck would have it, I ran out of black printer ink. I will add my journaling right underneath the title when I get my ink.

I used Close To My Heart's - I Heart Us - collection, in fact, all of these papers were scraps that I had left over from previous layouts. This is one of my all-time favorite collections from CTMH. I loved it so much that I ordered another pack of it before it retired!

I used two different striped papers - a rainbow stripe and a diagonal stripe, and I added a few puffy stars around my layout.



For the title, I used Elle's Studio's - Title Builder - Vol. 1 -stamp set to stamp "Capturing" directly on my layout. I then die cut Ada's name using dies from Close To My Heart. Since I die cut the letters in the lighter pink paper they got a little lost on the background. I outlined them with a black marker to help them stand out. 


Be sure to stop by The Studio Challenges to see the stars and stripes layouts from the rest of the design team. I hope you have some time to play along with us!

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today! I hope you have a wonderful day!

1 comment:

  1. Love how you used two different types of stripes! Great title work!

    ReplyDelete