Sunday, July 21, 2019

Sweet Summer Fun - Scrap Our Stash Pick Your Side Sketch Challenge

Hello, everyone! Good Sunday morning to you! I hope you are having a good weekend. It's been so hot around here but there is a promise of a cool down later today or tomorrow. 

It's time for the second half of the Scrap Our Stash design team to reveal their takes on the July - Pick Your Side Sketch Challenge today. Here is a look at the double-page sketch that we had to pick a side from:


Along with picking one side of the sketch to create our layout, we had the added challenge of using wood or wood veneers on your layout. I chose the sketch on the left and here is what I came up with:


I have used Echo Park's "Playground" collection for my layout. The papers were perfect for these photos of Ada playing at the park this summer.

For the added challenge of using wood or wood veneer on our layouts, I pulled out some old wood veneer pieces that I (mostly) got from an old Gossamer Blue grab bag. The love arrow may be from Freckled Fawn, but I could be wrong. 

Here are a couple of close-ups:


For my title, I stamped "sweet summer" from Elle's Studio Title Builder Vol. 3 stamp set and then fussy cut the words out. I die cut the word "fun" out of one of the patterned papers using my Close To My Heart alphabet dies.


I'm sure you will be seeing these photos again soon. They are part of Ada's Summer Bucket List and I plan on making her a traveler's notebook of all the fun things she's marked off of her list this summer.

Be sure to check out the Scrap Our Stash blog to see which side of the sketch the rest of the design team picked. I hope you have a chance to play along with us this month!

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today! I hope you have a wonderful day!

2 comments:

  1. Great papers! Love how you made your title!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely layout and such a wonderful plan you have for Ada with the travelers notebook! She will appreciate it so much someday!

    ReplyDelete