Sunday, July 28, 2019

Conversations With A 4 Year Old - The Studio Challenges

Hello, everyone! Good Sunday morning to you! I hope you are having a good weekend. Ours has been pretty quiet - which I always like!

It's time for a new challenge at The Studio Challenges. Our challenge for you today is all about the title and journaling. We want you to focus on the story of your page - journal about what happened, or a funny story about the photo, AND - use two types of alphas for your title.


I didn't have an exact photo for this story, it was just a conversation that I had with Ada last spring. But when I took this photo a few weeks later I knew it would be perfect for this story! 

Here's the story - about mid-April last year Ada started asking us - "when is it going to be summer"..."when is summer"..."how much longer until summer"...any variation that you could think of, she was asking. Over and over multiple times a day. Heck, they could be asked multiple times an hour! We would tell her it would be summer when her mom was done teaching, or it would be summer in a few weeks, we even told her June 21st is the first day of summer, but nothing satisfied her! 

You see, she and her Mommy and Daddy had big plans for the summer - lots of fun places to go and fun things to do - and she kept getting told that they would do them "when it is summer". Finally one day she asked me:

Ada: Nana - is Uncle Matt smart?
Me: - Yes, he is. Why?
Ada: Can HE tell me when summer is?

I guess since our answers weren't what she was wanting to hear, that surely since Uncle Matt was smart and in college, he could tell her when it was going to be summer!

Here are a couple of close-ups:


I kept embellishments to a minimum because I want the focus to be on the story - a sun die cut, a few puffy hearts, a few enamel dots, and a word phrase sticker.


Be sure to check out The Studio Challenges to see the wonderful layouts from the rest of the design team. I hope you have a chance to play along!

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today! Have a great day!

1 comment: