Thursday, July 18, 2019

So Sweet - Counterfeit Kit Challenge #2

Hello, everyone! Happy Thursday to you! I hope you are having a good week, and if you are like me and in the middle of this heatwave, I hope you are finding some way to keep cool. We are definitely spending lots of time in the pool!

 It seems like it's been forever since I posted on here. I hope to get a chance to do an update post soon to let you know what my plans are.

Counterfeit Kit Challenges has their second challenge of the month posted today. If you remember from my mini kit reveal post here, I shared two page kits that I had put together and promised to share another project with you, and that is what I am sharing with you today.

Here's a look at the second page kit that I had put together based on the Clique Kits junior kit that Tina had chosen for us.


Today's challenge is a sketch challenge and I loved the sketch that Tina has picked for us:


Here is what I created and I am happy to say everything - with the exception of the some of the stamps and the doily- came from my kit. 


I challenged myself to use a patterned paper background instead of pulling a sheet of white cardstock and I matted my photos with the patterned paper instead of pulling more cardstock.

I am so happy that I finally got to use one of these little frames! I have had them for a while and they just never seem to make it on a project. This one was actually in my original mini kit this month, but since I had both kits stored all together, I pulled it out and used it.


I used a mix of stamps from Studio Calico, Elle's Studio, and Citrus Twist Kits for my stamped phrases.


I used the "so sweet" words from the sticker sheet for my title. It kind of bothers me that the yellow of the letters doesn't match my lemon slices, but I'm getting over it!


About the photos - it was a warm April day and Ada thought it would be the perfect day to set outside and drink some lemonade. I didn't have any lemonade but we did the next best thing and made her "nade" - which is orange-flavored drink enhancer. And she was right - it was the perfect day to sit outside with a cool drink!

Now that I think about it, I could have stamped some of the "lemon" slices orange since her "nade" was orange-flavored!

Be sure to check out the Counterfeit Kit Challenge blog to see the projects from the rest of the design team. I would love to see your kit and projects if you play along with us!

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today. Have a great day!

1 comment: