Monday, March 8, 2021

You're A Cool Kid - Scrap Our Stash March Remix Challenge

 

Hello, hello! Happy Monday! I hope that you had a good weekend! The sun is shining today and we are headed toward a 70 degree day...you just can't get much better than that for early March!

Today I am sharing my take on this month's Remix Challenge at Scrap Our Stash. For March we are scraplifting a layout from former DT member Michelle Mattie. Along with the scraplift we are to use a tag on our layout. Here's a look at Michelle's layout:


And my take on the challenge:


I "lifted" Michelle's layout almost exactly - only flipping it so it worked better with my photo. I love Michelle's work so this one was an easy one for me!

This photo is of Shane when he was 9 or 10. I need to double-check the date to be sure. He was just hanging out watching his videos and I can't believe that this photo is 10 or 11 years old! It just seems like yesterday!

I used the new Echo Park - Little Dreamer Boy - collection for this layout. After seeing how many photos I have of my boys that still need to be scrapped, I know I will be getting a lot of use out of this collection! I love it!

I used a stamp from Close To My Heart (D1660 - Ink Blot) for my "messy background" on this layout. I am really liking this stamp set right now. It makes for a great mixed media look without the mess and wait time for it to dry. 


I used one of the stickers from the sticker sheet - or maybe it was from the sticker book - and added foam tape to the back to pop it up off of the arrows that I cut out. It also serves as my title. 

Be sure to stop by the Scrap Our Stash blog to see the wonderful layouts from the rest of the design team! I would love to see your take on the challenge, too!

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today! Have a great day!

2 comments:

  1. Fabulous original and lift! If I remember I'll play along :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful page, Lori. Primary colours are perfect for boys... love the title, and the ink splotch stamp's effect. Maybe I should have purchased that one but didn't... LOL ;)
    Great LO, once again. TYFS! :)

    ReplyDelete