Saturday, May 15, 2021

Besties Forever - Sketch N Scrap #225

 Hello, everyone! Happy Saturday! I hope your weekend is off to a good start. It looks like it's going to be another rainy weekend around here and I've gotta say, I'm getting tired of it raining every weekend!

I can't believe that it is already the middle of the month - I swear it seems like it just started - but that means that the mid-month sketch has been posted at Sketch N Scrap. Sketch Artist Stacy has created a fun sketch for us to use:

This is what I came up with: 


I've recently been going through some of my older photos and I've been finding lots that I have never scrapped. These photos of Ada are from 2016. I love these photos of Ada carrying around her favorite stuffed animal at the time - George Pig from Peppa Pig. She was so crazy over Peppa Pig at this time and she and George went on lots of adventures. I remember taking these photos and thinking how cute they were - besties forever indeed! Of course, over the years she outgrew Peppa and George but I am sure he has pride of place amongst her stuffed animals in her bedroom.

I used my May - Lisa and Lori's Great Stash Bash kit for this layout. Everything was in my kit except the background paper and the alphas. Although the background paper was the only full sheet that I used, it was nice to use up quite a few of the scraps! I really wanted to use several of the border strips from some of the scraps and I did manage to use three on this layout. 

Here are a few close-ups:


I fussy cut the camera from one of the cut apart cards that was in my scraps and I got a few stickers added, as well. I made a mistake in my journaling above. Since I didn't realize it until it was already glued down I just added an enamel heart over the word and called it good.


I love these acetate hearts from Elle's Studio that I included in my kit. They make for a fun embellishment.


I also added a few tiny enamel hearts from Doodlebug Designs for a finishing touch. 

Be sure to stop by Sketch N Scrap to see the beautiful layouts from the rest of the design team. I hope you find some time to play along with us!

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today! Have a great day!

1 comment:

  1. This is just so precious Lori! I love how you used all those strips! This sketch was so perfect for that!

    ReplyDelete