Saturday, May 1, 2021

Sketch N Scrap National Scrapbook Day Sketch

Hello again! I am back with my second post of the day. If you are looking for my kit for Lisa & Lori's Great Stash Bash, please scroll on down.

Since today is National Scrapbooking Day, Sketch N Scrap has an exclusive sketch for us to use! That's right - we have 2 new sketches posted today! Here is a look at the fun sketch that Sketch Artist Lisa has created for us:


This sketch is perfect if you have some scraps that you would like to get used. Here is my layout:


We had a crazy spring snow on April 20th. I don't ever remember it snowing so much so late in the season around here. We got around 3 or 4 inches, which would be considered a good snow for us in the middle of winter! It only lasted for a few hours - by evening time it was all melted and you would never have known it even snowed. It did hang around long enough for Ada to get out and play in it when they got home from school. I love the picture that Abby took of Ada holding a snowball in front of their redbud tree that was in full bloom. I took a cue from that and used snowflakes and flowers for my embellishments.

I used the "One Fine Day" collection from My Minds Eye. I think the blue paper with the white dots looks like it could be snow falling and the pinks and yellow colors are not only present in Ada's clothes but it reinforces that it really is spring - not winter! 

Here are a few close-ups:


I punched several little snow flakes and flowers to scatter around the layout. I also added a tiny blue gem to the middle of each snowflake. I found the 'crazy silly awesome' die cut in my Elle's Studio die cuts while I was looking for a label. I thought it was perfect because it was crazy to get so much snow in Aprl, and a little silly and awesome, too!


I used a chipboard snowman from Simple Stories' Best Year Ever collection and added a couple of punched flowers to the bottom of it. 


For this top little cluster, I added one little snowflake amongst the little pink flowers. 

Be sure to head on over to Sketch N Scrap to see how the rest of the design team took on this sketch. We would love to see your take on it, too!

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today! I hope you have a great day!

1 comment:

  1. That was such a crazy snowstorm! I love how you mixed the patterns on this one and that snowman is adorable!! Great pictures too, looks like Ada had a blast!

    ReplyDelete