Tuesday, May 18, 2021

Week 33/2018 - The ScrapRoom May Shots of Life Kit

Hello, hello! Happy Tuesday to you! I hope your week is off to a good start!

 Today I am sharing the layout that I created using the May portion of the Shots of Life Kit from The ScrapRoom. I just checked and it looks like there are still a few of the May/June Shots of Life kits still available. Here's a look at the kit:


For my layout today, I have used the cut apart cards from Amy Tangerine's Brave & 
Bold collection, a couple of cards from PhotoPlay's Crafting With My Gnomies, and bits and pieces of the Maggie Holmes Garden Party paper to document Week 33 of 2018. That's right, we are going back a few years for this one!

Here's a look at the layout:


Here is the left side of the layout:


This week Abby headed back to work for the new school year and that meant Ada was back with me during the day. Ada wasn't quite sure she was ready to be back into the old routine of getting up so early to come to Nana's house, but it didn't take her long to get back into the swing of things! Here are a few close-ups: 


For my title card, I used the 'B' side of the cut apart paper to bring a little more of the blue into my spread. I added a 'hello' sticker from the sticker sheet and one of those pretty resin glitter hearts that was included in the kit. 

Since all of the cut apart cards on the Amy Tangerine sheet are 3x3's, I had to get creative in making them work for me on my spread. On the above light pink card, I added it to the top of a 3x4 card that I cut out of white cardstock. I then added another one of the gold glitter resin hearts to it. 
The photo to the left of this card is Ada on one of the little rides at Wal-Mart - her reward for being so good while we shopped for groceries. 



The two cards that I used from PhotoPlay's cut apart paper are shown above. The bright colors in this collection work so well with the colors in the Amy Tangerine collection. I also punched a circle out of the Maggie Holmes paper for my cluster base above.


The last card on this page is of Matthew hanging out before he headed back to MSU for his junior year of college. I carefully planned out which 3x3 cut aparts I wanted to use for cards or embellishments and the rest I was able to cut into 3x4's and use the 'B' side for more pops of blue. 

Here is the right side of the layout:



These photos are all about Matthew's move-in day at MSU. He's a minimalist when it comes to moving, that is for sure! As long as he had his tv, Playstation 4, and some clothes and food, he was good! His reasoning is that we're not even an hour away and he'll be coming home every other weekend so he can get whatever he needs then! Scott got Matthew up there and moved in early and he said it was the easiest move-in yet! Then he had to drive the hour-plus home and on into Lebanon to pick up his new glasses. He had quite a busy day!


Ada was a little sad to see Pops taking Uncle Matt back to college, so we played some My Little Pony to get her mind off it! She is so cute in her mask! 

It's hard to see but I added another one of the gold glitter resin hearts to the 'smile' card. 


For this photo, I cut down one of the Maggie Holmes cut apart cards for my journaling and added a few stickers to it. Scott and I found a bunch of broken eggs in our field right along our walking path. We weren't sure what kind they were, we thought maybe some turtle eggs, but after a little investigating we found out they were snake eggs! Yuck, yuck, yuck! If we'd known that we sure wouldn't have been poking around them so much! They still gross me out just thinking about it!

 
For this last card, I fussy cut one of the 3x3 cards for an embellishment and added a couple of stickers to finish off the little cluster.

I am so happy to have another spread in my 2018 album done! This album is slowly getting filled up!

Be sure to stop by The ScrapRoom blog for more May kit inspiration.

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today! I hope you have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment