Saturday, June 4, 2022

Mom's Day - Sketch N Scrap #250

Hello, hello! Happy Saturday to you! I hope that your weekend is off to a good start. We are having a beautiful late spring day - sunshine, 75 degrees, and all of the windows are open in the house! The yard work is done and that means I will be spending some time in my scrap room the rest of the weekend! I am so ready for that.

Today I am sharing the layout that I made using the June 1st sketch from Sketch N Scrap. Sketch #250 was created by Lisa and it will be going into my favorites folder to be used again soon! Here's a look at the sketch:


This is what I came up with:


I used my Lisa & Lori's Great Stash Bash kit from May for this layout. The photos are from Mother's Day this year. Shane is still not a fan of taking pictures so I had to sneak in a quick selfie with him so I would have a picture of me with all of the kiddos on Mom's Day!

Everything on this layout was in my kit - except for the doily. I was even able to get a couple of scraps used up on this layout!

Here are a couple of close-ups:


This collection has so many pretty flowers and I couldn't wait to use a few on this layout. I also tucked a little journaling card that was in one of the die-cut packs behind my photo. I will add what little bit of journaling I have to it. There's not a whole lot to say - just our traditional Mother's Day photos.


I loved this little sticker from the sticker book. How perfect for a Mother's Day layout! Isn't that what all of us Moms do - or at least try to do - plant smiles, grow giggles, and harvest love! I popped it up on some foam tape and layered it on top of another flower die-cut.


I added a patterned paper circle to the doily so the white letters for my title would show up. I added a few more flower die-cuts and a butterfly die-cut around my title. I am trying to use butterflies a little more often. I don't know why I never seem to use them until they are the only thing left in a collection, but I am trying hard to get them on my projects.

Head on over to Sketch N Scrap to see the sketch and I hope you have a chance to play along!

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today! I hope you have a great day!

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful layout and interpretation of the sketch!! Always excellently crafted!

    ReplyDelete