Saturday, June 25, 2022

Anticipation - FarmQuest Challenge Blog Challenge #6

Hello, hello! Happy Saturday to you! I hope your weekend is off to a good start. We are supposed to have our hottest day of the summer (so far) today with the high reaching the upper 90s with the heat index being well over 100 degrees. Sounds like a good day to stay inside where it is nice and cool!

Today I am sharing the traveler's notebook I made for the FarmQuest Challenge Blog Challenge #6. The theme for this challenge is to use cherries or strawberries AND a container that is not a basket - so like a bowl or plate, jam/jelly jar, a pie plate, etc.

This is what I came up with:


To satisfy the challenge, I have fussy cut a few strawberries from a patterned paper and I have a photo of some strawberries growing in our garden. For something other than a basket - I fussy cut a scale filled with strawberries.

I used all scraps for this layout. I love it when I can do that instead of cutting into a full sheet of paper. I punched a lacy scalloped border and stamped my title along the edge of the paper. I used the Journals For Life - Alex alphabet stamp for my title and you will be seeing it a lot
 more! These stamps stamp beautifully and are the perfect size to make a statement in my TN or they would be the perfect size for a title on a 12x12 layout, too. 

I based my layout on this older sketch for TN Time With Lisa and Lori from September 2019:


Here are a few close-ups:


I wanted to bring a touch of pink to my layout and the backside of the green paper had the perfect pink on it. I punched a tab to hold my date and to bring a touch of pink to the left side of my layout.


I stamped a pink label to "hold" the fussy-cut strawberries for the right page. I am trying to not add much bulk to my layouts so I added some black dots and hand-drawn hearts to each of my cluster areas.

I added a pink banner across the top of the scale for a little something extra.

My journaling reads -  Our strawberry patch has almost doubled in size this spring. It is loaded with blooms and these itty bitty berries. I cannot wait until they are ripe and ready to be picked. There's nothing sweeter than a fresh-picked berry from the garden. Yum!

Have you had a chance to check out my friend Becca's challenge blog? The challenges are always fun and you can make just about anything - a card, a TN layout, a scrapbook layout, a tag, a bookmark - the list is long! But you better hurry - this challenge ends June 27th at 12:30 AM Central Time. Just go here - https://farmquestchallenge.blogspot.com/

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today! I hope you have a great day!

3 comments:

  1. This is wonderful!!! Great use of Lisa's 2019 sketch to showcase your garden feature on your strawberries! How lucky you all are to have them! But I imagine with the heat and not much rain in your area either they've probably meant more work in needing daily watering. Your vintage country farmhouse touches like the scalloped lace, red and white check, scale, and bold black title are terrific! The photo and all the fussy cut strawberries look yummy! Marvelous TN layout! Thanks for entering and mentioning FQCB! --Becca S

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Becca! We had a pretty good amount even with all of the rain early on and then the hot - dry weather lately.

      Delete
  2. Love the sketch you used! Your stamping us so crisp!

    ReplyDelete